Drop-in Bedliner vs Line-X Premium

I know my Line-X has a chip in it. I don't think I see a dent. Not sure if it was a spot of bad adhesion and just the right sort of hit.

If you watch the commercials where a front end load drops a load into a truck I think you can see how a dent might occur. Use enough force and anything will dent. For most people who care about their vehicles I doubt it would happen--and when it did, the vehicle is probably old enough that it'd be viewed as normal wear and tear.

Roll in Herculiner yourself for $100 and then throw the plastic liner in. Chaffing eliminated and dent protection from the plastic ! (y)

Decided to order a Bedrug Classic Bed Mat. I did not purchase the tailgate option (or the XLT) because I sometimes eat my lunch on the tailgate and Line-X is obviously much easier to clean.

Will post pictures when it arrives.

My bed rug has seen a good bit of dirt/grease/oil from scrap trips, homeowner landscaping and chainsaw transport. I’m sure it’ll stain if the spill is bad enough but so far everything has just rinsed out.

The Bedrug Classic Mat has arrived.

The mat was rolled up for shipping so I will allow it to “flatten” for a few days before installing. I do not plan to scuff the Line-X smooth topcoat before applying the Velcro. I will use the adhesion promoter, but that is it...so I will need the mat to be as flat as possible.

9E9F8CFC-94E8-4FE0-98F0-C1728BE999C4.jpeg

This stuff feels incredible on the knees compared to the Line-X.

I did a quick wash of the bed using Optimum No Rinse and dried. Decided to skip the scuff/sandpaper step; if it doesn’t stick, so be it. Not going to ruin my Line-X for something like this. Applied the adhesion promoter and then the Velcro. Now letting it bake in the sun for the next 6 hours with some weight on top of it.
05A698AA-AAD6-42E5-B3EB-202225054D5C.jpeg

Last edited:
Back