Dream engine swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take your car, and figure out what engine, if any you could shoehorn into it somehow. For me? I would squeeze the AMC/Chrysler 4.0L Inline 6 into my cavalier... Mmm... I love that straight 6.

Take a Aluminium 4.6 modular race block, bore and sleeve it to 3.7" bore, install a forged rotating assembly with standard 3.55" stroke and low compression pistons to yield a final displacement of about 302 cubic inches. Up top I would install a set of lightly ported and polished DOHC 4V heads and feed it with a Eaton TVS 1900 supercharger.

Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
Take a Aluminium 4.6 modular race block, bore and sleeve it to 3.7" bore, install a forged rotating assembly with standard 3.55" stroke and low compression pistons to yield a final displacement of about 302 cubic inches. Up top I would install a set of lightly ported and polished DOHC 4V heads and feed it with a Eaton TVS 1900 supercharger.

boy that sounds beautiful

No doubt about it, 1996-2001 Explorer 5.0 V8. It's basically a direct swap into my truck and has GT40 heads. It would be really cool to get an AWD parts Explorer and swap the whole AWD system too.

Unfortunately, it would never pass inspection in this state.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Me,VG30DETT

20.gif
20.gif

How cool would a VG30DETT powered Integra be?!

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Me,VG30DETT

20.gif
20.gif

How cool would a VG30DETT powered Integra be?!

Man Third that would be an INSANELY fast car!!!!!!!!

This one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IMG_2039.jpg . RB26DETT, but my car is fwd so I would need to convert it to awd. If I had the money to do that then I might as well just import a R34.

Or the VQ35HR, but it's on rwd cars. So maybe just add a turbo to the engine in my car.

I would say a LBZ Duramax and a 6spd Allison into my 71 Chevy C-10 short bed fleet side

A 99-2000 15.8L 3406E with brakesaver. 6XXX injector trim codes and a Michigan stage 3 turbo into my 06 KW T-800 heavy haul to replace its stock 550hp 15.2L C-15

A 600HP KTA cummins in the old 359 peterbilt would be Ok too.

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
Take your car, and figure out what engine, if any you could shoehorn into it somehow. For me? I would squeeze the AMC/Chrysler 4.0L Inline 6 into my cavalier... Mmm... I love that straight 6.

I created a thread here a while ago saying that GM could really get 'back in the game' by making a car like they did in the 1970's out of the Cavalier...add 2 cylinders to the 2.2 OHV, making it a 3.3 (200 CI) straight six, and mount it longitudally into a 'stretched' Cavalier w/rear wheel drive. A 'modern' I-6 Nova to be sold real cheap, in high numbers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back