Dont change your oil....

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah that's sick - but what the heck is Bror Jace doing over there?

Slaming Amsoil
grin.gif
!

Just pipe 'em over here kids!

hehe. I bet this was 20k oil changes with dino. Probably getting around 20 hp to the wheels also

I kinda like what this guy says. I would ove to see a UOA from his engine.

quote:

OMG that's horrible. Although I haven't changed the oil in the new civic for 12,000 so far, got another 13,000 to go before it's changed. But the filter will be changed every 7,500. Synthetics are great.

I rebuild motors pretty often and to find a motor like that is more the norm than not. I'd say about 90% of the ones I pull apart are gunked up like that. I honestly believe the average Joe never changes their oil. I'm doing up a 4.3 V6 now for a buddy of mine and the nasty tar stuff was like a jelly mold under the valve covers. It's so nasty! I assume the oil was so dirty that it became abrasive, it had to go .060 over to clean the bores up and the timing chain was so loose I could almost remove it with out pulling the gears.

Course, when I cut my teeth on engine work, back in the mid eighties, even a 3-4k oil change engine was pretty gunked up. I was pleasantly suprised when I pulled the valvecovers on the Impala and found everything to have only a light coat of varnish on everything. Course, it has had 2 ARx treatments and a steady diet of LC...

Gang, Engines that look like this or worse, are the rule, not the exception.

It's a tribute to the ability of many engines to withstand such abuse...Glad it ain't mine.
burnout.gif
cheers.gif

No its 15.5hp stock, 20hp with a brrrp-can muffler and a wing. Turbo decals add another .2hp.

Ricer forever!!!!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back