Done with this Samsung phone, where to buy iphone 13?

No complaints. I've had my LG V35 ThinQ for 4 years+. Android 10. Paid under $300 IIRC. No problems other than somebody else's app and what have you. Battery does not hold a charge as long under heavy use, but is manageable. Happy with the choice.

We are however, changing plans. Phone a bit aged. Considering a 14.

Question: If I go to an Apple store, and pay the $800, will they transfer all the garbage on my LG to my new iphone?

So yesterday we went to the T-Mobile store. Phones due Tuesday at our house.

Changed over from AT&T. Magenta 55+, unlimited and international, extras, etc.

Bought two iPhone 14s. Blue and purple. (important stuff first). 256gig. Did not need pro or larger phone. I was going to just buy both with card then the sales weenie breaks this out:

"Buy one, get one (BOGO) for up to $700 off via 24 monthly bill credits. Starting at $799.99, you can get the iPhone 14 for free."

Sweet deal. We double recorded the pitch. Called the manager over. Seems legit.

I certainly understand the OP wanting the iPhone mini, even though I ended up with a standard iPhone 13 to this day maybe because I’m a gadget guy I wish I had a mini to try out for a while. I like it.

Just because a manufacturer like Apple killed the small mini for this year doesn’t mean a significant portion of the population would not want one but it comes down to dollars, cents and production volume of a product for a company to get the profit it wants as well as competing with sales of its existing product line.
One could actually look at the mini as a custom phone if you think about it

So yesterday we went to the T-Mobile store. Phones due Tuesday at our house.

Changed over from AT&T. Magenta 55+, unlimited and international, extras, etc.

Bought two iPhone 14s. Blue and purple. (important stuff first). 256gig. Did not need pro or larger phone. I was going to just buy both with card then the sales weenie breaks this out:

"Buy one, get one (BOGO) for up to $700 off via 24 monthly bill credits. Starting at $799.99, you can get the iPhone 14 for free."

Sweet deal. We double recorded the pitch. Called the manager over. Seems legit.
We have the magenta 55+ plan, I guess depending on how you look at it we got six months ago two new iPhone 13‘s at no cost.
But it was a cost because we had to give them our iPhone 11 and iPhone XR and they gave us the two new phones.

Your bill might look screwed up at first but it will work out over a month or two and it’s completely legit.
This is T-Mobile probably the most upfront honest mobile phone provider in the country.
We did our deal all online at the time with T-Mobile and it truly was a special at that time it didn’t last long as far as exchanging our phones for two new ones.
There was an initial outlay of some money and then credited back in full once our old phones arrived and were processed, the following months and over the next 24 months the remainder of that is credited back.
Bottom line was we never laid out $1600 for the phones.

If this helps there’s some other cool stuff, we already had the mid tier of Netflix, but T-Mobile gives you the basic tier of Netflix for free, so through T-Mobile I signed up for the free basic Netflix using my account that I currently have and now they pay the first half of the Netflex bill and because I have the mid tier I pay the difference which saves roughly 8 dollars a month.
Also right now you get free Paramount streaming for a year too.
We make this kind of stuff our hobby, they are always offering free stuff and free trials and free everything. I haven’t used a main stream phone company in over a decade and now going back to T-Mobile it’s been an incredibly satisfying experience.

No games no fees no unknown things added onto your bill the price you see is the price you pay

So impressed I am now an investor in the company

Last edited:
I'm good with all that Dr Alarm, it's just that I signed loan agreement papers for $1798. MY legal agreement. Zero interest, so not a lot of worries.

No authorized seller can discount the 14 line. So they do........stuff.

The point I am making - there was nothing in writing in front of us - with a legal agreement to credit our bill for two years. If they somehow tried to pull a bait and switch, I doubt they would like the notoriety. I even said with the manager over.......well point is, sure would be better for them to have the whole thing in writing if you follow me.

I AM happy at this point.

I'm good with all that Dr Alarm, it's just that I signed loan agreement papers for $1798. MY legal agreement. Zero interest, so not a lot of worries.

No authorized seller can discount the 14 line. So they do........stuff.

The point I am making - there was nothing in writing in front of us - with a legal agreement to credit our bill for two years. If they somehow tried to pull a bait and switch, I doubt they would like the notoriety. I even said with the manager over.......well point is, sure would be better for them to have the whole thing in writing if you follow me.

I AM happy at this point.
Oh yeah good point, the T-Mobile stores themselves might be franchises I’m looking to make as much profit as possible.

Going direct with a different experience, there wasn’t anything to interpretation and just click on the deal direct with the company and that is what you get.

Good warning for others.
I’m assuming you didn’t mean Dr. Alarm in derogatory way I’m just trying to help.
But I suspect you did.

So this is day 5 of iPhone 14 use.

Near exact size as my old LG VQ35, just iphone is fatter. In my usual folding case pretty much same same.

Not near as big of hassle as I anticipated setting everything up. The iOS move app was GREAT!! The only hassle I had was a silly email app (Chuck) that could not link up with one of my 5 email providers. Switched to Edison mail and it is super slick!

Just a few idiosyncrasies of use, etc swipe via tap and such but pretty much my old apps have an Apple equivalent

Battery use was not pleasant at first, but switched to battery saver and 28+ hours now it's down 100 to 52%. Not bad!!

Pleased so far.

SE (2022) was just refreshed earlier this year.

I like it because it still has the home button with Touch ID, it’s not overly big and of course the price. It basically has the brains of an iPhone 13 inside an iPhone 8 shell.

If you still like the home button and the older style I think it’s a good value. Plus iPhone will get iOS updates for at least 5 years it seems. My old SE (2016) got them up to iOS 15. Can’t say that about Android.

My 2018 iPX bit the dust - (damage) - after talking to folks about the 14 - decided not to spend that much - ordered an SE 128

I’m half the time on a company phone anyway- that’s due for upgrade in ‘23 - so the new SE as a personal seemed ‘good nuff’ …

Thanks easy to interpet text in a forum the wrong way, I know I too sometimes often word things that are read differently than my intentions
Thats me every day.. I have tried to increase my use of smilies and thumbs up.

Tmob's coverage improvement at least by me in the last 3 years is nothing short of amazing.
Went from not working in buildings to no issues. 99% same as at&t or verizon.

stick with iPhone 12 or 13, right now they are at discount price; also, you could go to eBay and buy used from trusted sellers, sellers that have spotless reviews

i'd stay away from iPhones such as SEs and Minis. They are just too small for daily activities

needless to say, iPhone X is still great phone to this day
My dad REALLY likes small phones and he loves his 13 Mini. There are people out there like that.

For my personal use I agree with you, but not everyone does.

This is T-Mobile probably the most upfront honest mobile phone provider in the country.
Don't agree. I traded in a owned outright, perfect condition working Samsung A71 5G to get an S21 FE for $12.50 mo x 24 on one of their deals.

I handed the phone to the UPS guy but forgot to take the pic of the airbill. Now they claim they never got it, and I don't have the airbill to prove it. Paying $27.50 instead of $12.50 a month for a phone I frankly regret getting, yeah it's fast but the A71 5G got better reception by far and while it wasn't as fast as the S21 FE, it was acceptable. Didn't have issues with freezing up or anything like that.

This is the 2nd time something like this has happened...they also had a deal to get an iPhone 13 for $0.01 a month with trade in about a year ago. Worked good for my mother in law's phone, but when I subsequently sent my stepson's iPhone 11 in on the same deal, they said when they got it that it didn't work. It worked fine in my very own hands before I sent it off.

Unfortunately the best deals are often online for existing T-Mobile customers. But I'm feeling burned by these last two transactions that are now costing me $50 PER MONTH. I'm looking for a buyout deal from another carrier.

When my trusty iphone 6C battery failed last fall I decided to try a Samsung A42 5G... mistake. Poor reception, screen freeze, sub-par camera. With the iphone 14 coming out thinking of getting an iphone 13 mini on sale somewhere. Currently on Verizon no plan, would like to buy a phone outright to keep options open. Not an iphone fanboy but it worked fine for me for a long time.

Where's the best places to be looking for a good price? What would a decent price be, they're $600 retail right now.

thanks
What was the outcome? Did you ever get the phone?

Back