Donaldson Powercore filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, as a fellow jeep owner, check out various jeep forums for the air filter recommendations, and there are alot of them, as they can give you some really good feedback on intake mods. Personally, unless you just want to hear a louder noise i would stay away and put that money towards other jeep upgrades. It seems the stock air box was designed really good at keeping water out, which is my main concern without going full snorkel. Hope that helps and good luck.

Donaldson Powercore filters are Top Shelf.....My LBZ Duramax came with one stock. It's the CAI manufacturing I would be concerned with, Just because they use a good filter, Doesn't mean the rest of the components are well engineered.

That filter looks like a quality unit from the visited site's picture. But looks can be deceiving.

If you're interested, see if you can lay your hands on one to check it out. Good luck.

Thanks, will leave it be.

Originally Posted by imhere2
Hello, as a fellow jeep owner, check out various jeep forums for the air filter recommendations, and there are alot of them, as they can give you some really good feedback on intake mods. Personally, unless you just want to hear a louder noise i would stay away and put that money towards other jeep upgrades. It seems the stock air box was designed really good at keeping water out, which is my main concern without going full snorkel. Hope that helps and good luck.

Bingo.

Just about anything Donaldson makes & labels is top notch.

And I mean "made by Donaldson", not "we use Donaldson nano fibers in our products".

If Donaldson makes a drop in for your factory airbox, use it.

If they don't, pick a decently flowing drop in filter with a high efficiency rating, and spend your money on other mods.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Donaldson Powercore filters are Top Shelf.....My LBZ Duramax came with one stock. It's the CAI manufacturing I would be concerned with, Just because they use a good filter, Doesn't mean the rest of the components are well engineered.

Volant with the power core are top notch, I have 3 of them, they are excellent filters and the intakes are top notch, widely used on the SRT, Grands and Wranglers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back