Volant filtration upgrades

I’m debating getting a Volant with the power core filter… does it make a bunch of induction noise? Had a Mopar “CAI” on my Durango and it was pretty noticeable, I’d like to avoid that as the truck already makes enough noise with the flowmaster lol.

I’m debating getting a Volant with the power core filter… does it make a bunch of induction noise? Had a Mopar “CAI” on my Durango and it was pretty noticeable, I’d like to avoid that as the truck already makes enough noise with the flowmaster lol.
Now, actually, it sounds the same as stock. I was surprised when I pulled the stock system and there was no resonator or anything in it.

Hey @OVERKILL, sorry to resurrect an older thread... but you still running this air intake with the Powercore? Thoughts after a couple years?

While I don't think I'm anywhere near a restriction, I do think that having the cammed and tuned 6.0 in my Tahoe, an intake probably couldn't hurt it (might help) and the Powercore filtration has got to be better than the 4th-5th run of jobber ACDelco panel filters. I'm presently on stock airbox/tube.

The Volant CAI looks like a nice product.

Hey @OVERKILL, sorry to resurrect an older thread... but you still running this air intake with the Powercore? Thoughts after a couple years?

While I don't think I'm anywhere near a restriction, I do think that having the cammed and tuned 6.0 in my Tahoe, an intake probably couldn't hurt it (might help) and the Powercore filtration has got to be better than the 4th-5th run of jobber ACDelco panel filters. I'm presently on stock airbox/tube.

The Volant CAI looks like a nice product.
Yes, it is a nice product! The PowerCore is wicked efficient, but OE paper filters are also very efficient.

I pulled it off recently to install a restriction gauge and haven't gotten around to completing it yet (would be nice to know when to change the filter, that was the intention). If that goes well, I plan on installing one of those on the SRT as well (but don't plan on putting on a CAI).

Yes, it is a nice product! The PowerCore is wicked efficient, but OE paper filters are also very efficient.

I pulled it off recently to install a restriction gauge and haven't gotten around to completing it yet (would be nice to know when to change the filter, that was the intention). If that goes well, I plan on installing one of those on the SRT as well (but don't plan on putting on a CAI).

Do you want to sell it? 😂

Just picked up a 2023 RAM 1500 Classic but the air intakes are different DT vs DS.

$550 + tax now for a Volant........

Back