Does Tire Rack usually have Black Friday deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to place an order for some Blizzaks( no rebate but a free winter kit...yay?) and steel rims.

I'd hate like heck to plunk down 1100 and find out a week later I could have saved a bunch of cash if I just waited.

Anyone in the know on this?

Have you checked other tire web sites for the same package?
TreadDepot or DiscountTireDirect??

I have purchased from all 3 sites(TR, TD, DTD) and I buy, tire for tire depending on who has what I am looking for at the lease cost!

I don't recall anything last year for Black Friday or Cyber Monday except double cash back from sources such as ebates or fatwallet. I think in the case of TireRack that was an extra 2% or 3%.

Just wait till just past it. Historically no as I look every year but never pull the trigger.

Neither DTD or Tread Depot have much of a selection for winter tires plus they don't carry the steel wheels that Tire Rack does unfortunately

I haven't seen any past history either but I'd like to order today so I have them by Friday. I want to install on Sunday as it is going to be close to 50.... Might be last nice day.

Watch we probably won't get any snow until February.....

I research tires through Tire Rack, but they have never been able beat DTD or Tirebuyer when those sites have a good sale going on.

Originally Posted By: bama7x57
I research tires through Tire Rack, but they have never been able beat DTD or Tirebuyer when those sites have a good sale going on.

DTD had exactly 3 tires in my size. Falken and Toyo. I can't believe they don't even carry Michelin, Firestone, Blizzak or Goodyear in winter tires in 225/60 18 or 235/55 18. Not some weid sizes

Originally Posted By: Blue_Goose
Originally Posted By: bama7x57

DTD had exactly 3 tires in my size. Falken and Toyo. I can't believe they don't even carry Michelin, Firestone, Blizzak or Goodyear in winter tires in 225/60 18 or 235/55 18. Not some weid sizes

From what I've been told by DTD reps they order winter tires in batches and then exhaust the inventory and that's it, they don't special order stuff and I assume make a judgement call at some point as to whether or not they will restock another batch or just be done with it for the season. I gather, at least from what I was told, that they would rather not sit on the inventory for a season even on a hot selling tire.

Doesn't really help you in any way but I was pretty frustrated with the same selection issue. Last year I could not get the Xi3s for our car so I ended up going to TR, this year I had the same question and was told the Xi3s were not being ordered in my size, now the Xi3s are in stock and the Arctics are out of stock in my size - go figure.

Hmm, I'd be tempted to spring for my snows at DTD but right now in order to get best price I'd have to get some credit card that I don't want. W/o that $50 it's still a bit over my pain threshold.

With the present weather conditions in much of the U.S., you might wind up getting whatever you can find that some warehouse has remaining in stock, not what you want and not what you want to pay.

I messed up my timing on this purchase, I thought I could have ordered everything today and had it by Friday. Rims need to be shipped to CT from IN and then get mounted and then delivered by 12/1. I might as well wait and see if any new deals pop up

Or I might buy everything seperate and have a local installer mount and balance.

Who thought spending 1300 bucks could be so difficult to do lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back