Does Firestone sell a good all season tire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by fcjeep
FWIW, I had a set of Destination ATs all terrain, not all season tires.

The best set of tires I ever had: 68,000miles without one problem. Got rid of them cause they were developing some dry rot and tread was finally getting low. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

Had Destination AT P285's on my Canyon - loved them … put 30k on them and they looked good for 20k+ when I traded the truck ...

My father had bad experiences dating back to there infamously horrible 721, something about multiple steel cords wrapped together on his then new '83 Grand Prix

I've got bad memories of the Ford/Firestone debacle, I can remember so many blowouts and Explorers at the side of the road

As of late, I've dealt with a handfull of Hyundai's and Honda's with either Champion Fuel Fighters, FT140s, or Affinity Tourings, either riding like a brick, howling like a wheel bearing, or flying apart because nothing spices up a morning commute like a front blowout on a sweeping right hander on the way to work
mad.gif

Also the two Firestone complete auto cares in my borough are particularly well known as con artists, and being a general ripoff

If you haven't noticed, I've had nothing but trouble with the Firestone brand

I'd avoid, there's too many good tires from other brands to buy

Originally Posted by WhizkidTN
Daughter's car is still rolling on these Affinity Touring tires, very good all season tire (and she drove in Wisconsin).
Got a set of used but sweet 17 inch alloy wheels with mounted Affinity tires for an older car. Bolted right on. The Affinities were the smoothest tires I ever had, & 90MPH felt like 60MPH. Just wonderful. Later, in a quick deal, I traded my old car for a new car, but forgot to take the wonderful wheels & Affinity tires with me, which would have bolted right onto my new car. Have loved the new car for many years, & even got other excellent used wheel & tire sets for it. But I always remember the Affinities & wheels, & regret NOT taking them with me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back