Does Brake Grease dissolve into Engine Oil?

Honda bike engines spec'd Molykote Gn on main/rod bearings and cam lobes and slippers and I have been using it on engines with limited access for a priming hose eg some bike engines and old BMW straight 6 with the sending unit on the rear of the head.
It is mineral oil based and dissolves completely. Being a paste it doesnt run off even after months or years. If you can prime it the red assy lube is fine.

Red stuff was used, but it was too watery and posed a risk of contaminating the sealing surfaces during assembly. A light quantity of the silicone paste was used in a few spots for reasons that are too complex to discuss.

I never browse this section but happened to by accident now…that being said…BG makes an awesome assembly pre lube. It’s lightweight, but sticky. It’ll still be around by the time assembly is complete and you’re ready to crank it over.

I have used EP moly grease on two engine builds. First one I used the sta lube moly grease on a solid flat tappet camshaft/lifters and remainder of the valvetrain. It dissolves into the oil well and no problems during camshaft break in or afterwards. Second engine build with a hydraulic flat tappet cam (NOT for the same car) I went looking for the sta lube moly engine assembly grease but found it was out of stock, picked up a 1 pound can of master pro EP moly grease and used that instead. Same results, successful break in and it dissolved into the oil quickly with no issues or concerns. I'd say that is a viable option for valvetrain assembly at least.

Back