Does anyone use Green Loctite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I was looking to replace my 20+ y/o bottle of blue Loctite, I noticed what was to me a new product- Green Loctite. Designed to be used AFTER parts are assembled, it supposedly penetrates into the threads and keeps parts from vibrating loose. Has anyone ever used this? Does it interfere with use of a penetrating oil years later when trying to remove that fastener? I live in a snow-free area; so don't have any rust to speak of on my cars. But I learned long ago impact tools and heat are my friends.

Yes, We use the green loctite at the Machine shop here with good results. It does what it says it does. We Found also its a great cly. sleeve retainer in auto blocks that have to be sleeved. Great Product indeed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ShotGun429
Yes, We use the green loctite at the Machine shop here with good results. It does what it says it does. We Found also its a great cly. sleeve retainer in auto blocks that have to be sleeved. Great Product indeed.

WOW! That is awesome. Is the green a different breaking strength than the blue? I'd guess it's not as strong as the red. I use blue a lot on firearms, especially base and rings.

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
Originally Posted By: ShotGun429

WOW! That is awesome. Is the green a different breaking strength than the blue? I'd guess it's not as strong as the red. I use blue a lot on firearms, especially base and rings.

Note that there are different types of "green loctite". 609 is probably what was used for cylinder sleeves, and it is used for filling gaps for press fit applications (certain bike bottom brackets use this to prevent creaking). 290 is the stuff used post hoc for bolt retention. Both are great products. I know the 609 is really expensive, but it's hard to do without in certain applications.

I have used green before. Im not sure which number it was but it was the stud and bearing stuff. Used for bearing races and setting studs. Worked great for what I was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back