Does anyone know which would be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I use Rotella T Synthetic in my Volvo's but am curious which is better between the Rotella T Synthetic and the Rotella Triple Protection? Does anyone know if one is better than the other? I noticed that the 15w-40 got first choice on reformulation which makes me wonder if it is Shell's Premier oil or if the synthetic is better. Any advice and input would be appreciated. Thank you.

It's only a matter of time till RTS's formulation is changed to follow. I read in the question and answer section IIRC, on Shell's rotella site...something about mid-2007 - I think is when the change is going to take place.

Better or worse?????? I'm to have faith in the industry as they torture many an engine where I baby so few. There to is phasing of technowledgies.?. So little I actually know.

Stories saying otherwise????? I MUST have faith...I needn't pull out my hair and worry myself sick do I (Other issues might being doing this already).?.

Take care.

rotellasyn - just how has this oil been working for you (MPG, duration of drives, OCI)? It's been a while since I used it in my 850, but IIRC found it to lower my mpg likely due to my mostly short trip use. It did however have a wonderful psychological effect as I've been finding myself towing a trailer load of bulk mulch, top soil, compost, and building materials more often...some underlying sense of confidence related to how it's marketted and certified for use in the heavy trucking industry (directly or not). I liked the price also ($12/gal when I used it last).

The mind is definitly something!

I note the different climate conditions.

Take care.

Thank you all for the input and I know they will be changing RTS this year so I am happy.

As for how it has worked for me...I love it! I started using the RTS in my Volvo's with very high mileage. My 1985 244GL had 360k on it when I converted and our newest 1994 945 had 131k on it and they both run wonderfully. They do not seem to use any oil and I check the levels every week and always at the top of the crosshairs. I haven't gotten an OCI yet since the changes were fairly recent but from what I have seen so far RTS is the oil for me. Great oil, great price! Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back