Does anyone here sniff brand new filters prior to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
This exemplifies the height of discussion about filters? How they smell?
crazy2.gif

What have we become?
21.gif

This is almost as good as the sucking of the oil filters in the Walmart aisle thread a while back.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2152257&page=1

You know you've found a real oil filter "addict" when you see him smelling, licking, blowing and sucking on oil filters in the isle of the automotive parts store.
lol.gif

Can't you just hear the announcement speaker in your Auto parts store.

Oil Filter molester / pervert in aisle 2 !!!

The only ones I've technically sniffed was the P1 while I was in a Meijer. I only sniffed it because the stench was there right as I opened the box to look. lol

I do like the smell of synthetic oil, transmission fluid, diesel fumes, gear oil, off road diesel fuel, vintage car fumes, and gunpowder.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
The only ones I've technically sniffed was the P1 while I was in a Meijer. I only sniffed it because the stench was there right as I opened the box to look. lol

Yes! I also sniffed my new P1 because I didn't have a choice! The smell just hits you immediately when you take it out of the box.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
This exemplifies the height of discussion about filters? How they smell?
crazy2.gif

What have we become?
21.gif

This is almost as good as the sucking of the oil filters in the Walmart aisle thread a while back.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2152257&page=1

You know you've found a real oil filter "addict" when you see him smelling, licking, blowing and sucking on oil filters in the isle of the automotive parts store.
lol.gif

Can't you just hear the announcement speaker in your Auto parts store.

Oil Filter molester / pervert in aisle 2 !!!

I noticed yesterday that GTX has a very unique smell, almost sour. I think oil filters smell terrible but I don't purposely smell them. But when you open a Fram Tough Guard box it hits you in the face.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
I believe studies show that causes cancer in the state of California.

Can I safely sniff in Washington, DC?

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
Originally Posted By: bvance554
I believe studies show that causes cancer in the state of California.

Can I safely sniff in Washington, DC?

Marion Barry sniffed plenty of times. I'm in DC also. If you ever want a good auto parts store check out Uptown Auto Parts on Georgia Ave.

Safety first first, never ever huff the Fram extra guard. They don't call it the OCOD for nothing! Tough Guards and Ultras are ok, in moderation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back