Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: used_0il
Testimonials and "me too" posts.
How did one member describe it today?
Oh yeah.
"The BITOG Cold-Flow Fanboy Club".

Lets assume that we had only one grade
to choose from, well 0W40 would be the one.

I posted two variations of the grade from Mobil
with contrasting additive packages and application.

Now it's your turn.

Please explain why the entire engine oil fraternity
does not share the same glee for 0W40 instead of
5W40 for example.

In fact, I could find more variations and applications
including manufacture certifications for 5W40 than 0W40.

Show me a certified 0W40 CJ-4 for starters.

Dude, you seriously need to lay off whatever illicit substance you've started taking lately. You've got the Ron Jeremy of hate hard-ons for 0w-40 and I'm not even sure as to why
21.gif
Do you even have an application that it is applicable to? I do, and it performs as expected.

Doug has asked the purpose of reviving this thread and I question it as well. We already know the product is run in the 24hrs of LeMans as well as Daytona, I'm not sure what more in terms of "testimonials" you could ask for here that would appease your lust to question every time it is recommended as some sort of personal affront to whatever train of thought it is you are chugging along with.

BTW, completely OT, but are you posting from 8088? Why are your posts always CR'd at such a short length?

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

BTW, completely OT, but are you posting from 8088? Why are your posts always CR'd at such a short length?

I assumed it was because its poetry prose... Am I wrong?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Maybe he's a rapper.

Perhaps he's a belly wapper. The best darn belly wapper in the world!

5Frosty_and_Karen_sliding.jpg

The Shell Rotella T6 0W40 is, so far the only HDMO that I've
seen with the API donut CJ-4/SN on the product container.

Both CJ-4 and SN are the top API categories for compression and spark ignition engines.

SN, indicates the engine oil is compatible with the latest engine seals in North American built vehicles,
and the oil is also compatible with all pump gasoline, including E85.

I brought the old 0W40 threads up so people could see the development and progress
the grade has seen in the last 12 or so years.

Not all the 0W40s are the same, as you can see from the PDS sheets.
Throwing the 0W40 blanket over every application is OK for some, but the first question should be;
Which 0W40, they are all different?

Which 0W40 best suits my application, including emission equipment and fuel type?

The Shell Rotella 0W40 CJ-4/SN is new, so there are no testimonials or legacy to spout about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back