Do you use one filter brand or many?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was raised on the Wix (Napa Gold) gospel. For all my vehicles except my Jeep and scooters I use Wix filters exclusively. I use Mopar filters on my Jeep due to the 2.4L oil consumption issues, I don't want to give FCA a way to fight me is I have the issue. Wix simply does not make filters for my scooters so I use Prima filters on them.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I wonder why Walmart doesn't sell Wix?

Probably a higher ROI with links to Napa.
Walmart has never had many choices on filter brands at all.
I'm far more likely to buy oil there than a filter … I'll just get a 6 pack or 12 pack online (filters)
My OEM filters were $4/each and free shipping off eBay

I have been using ACDelco for a while in both my cars...solid performers at a good price. The PF2129G is OEM for the Cad and costs less than Fram TG or XG, so this is a no brainer. Also has metal core vs Fram's plastic. The PF2057 for the Honda is usually around $3 at Amazon so this is also a no brainer.

Use many due to price and availability -

Currently in my stash :

1. Fram (XG and EG) one part number ,7317, fits four of the vehicles I have to service
2. AC Delco
3. Napa Select
4. Wix

Fram Ultra, occasionally Mobil1.

I tossed a motorcraft filter on a vehicle I'll be selling before I change the oil again.

I now only use the Fram Ultra. What reason is there to use anything else. If something filtered better I would use it.

Last edited:
I am not loyal to one brand of oil filter but I try to keep to a few trusted models.
They perform well and a very good value for the dollar:
Wix standard
Motorcraft standard (FL)
Denso
Bosch Premium
Fram Ultra/FPS (use for 2 service intervals of 7k miles)

Years ago I got a bunch of Mobil 1 EP filters on closeout and have 1 more in stash. They are good filters but not worth the full retail price -- I can get a better filter for that kind of money. So they are a trusted model but no longer a go-to filter, for me.

All my vehicles get WIX filters. When I was younger, and didn't know any better, I did go with FRAM (reg/tough guard). I avoid that altogether now. I didn't know I could tape up cardboard with electrical tape for about the same protection
wink.gif

I did think about going with a Kawasaki oil filter (made by Denso--Denso makes good oil filters too), but decided to stick with my guns and get a WIX 51358 for it too when I change the oil on the bike for the first time. I have used Acdelcos on GMs-the classic blue filters weren't bad--but I've stuck with WIX last 15 or so years. That's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back