Do you have to drive or can you be a front seat passenger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i usually ride in the passenger seat. My wife claims I scare her when I drive. Brake to late when coming up on cars is her biggest bugaboo. In my defense I have never rear ended anyone. I stop and can still see the wheels of the car in front of me sitting on the road.

I learned to drive from my Dad who was a deputy sheriff. I drive just like him today. He drove assertively so he could get through his beat when on duty. He knew his car and and what to expect from it. He maintained all his cars so they delivered that expected performance. So today I drive like him and I keep my cars maintained like him. Thanks dad. Miss you. Meanwhile I let my wife drive most days. I enjoy the view more anyway.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
No problem being a passenger. I can get some shut-eye.

ohh how I wish.

Oh yea
01.gif

When I am the passenger i still find myself hitting the brakes.

Originally Posted by littleant
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
No problem being a passenger. I can get some shut-eye.

ohh how I wish.

Oh yea
01.gif

When I am the passenger i still find myself hitting the brakes.

I wasn't clear. I'm not allowed to get shut-eye. Nope. I gotta stay awake while she's driving. The majority of the time I don't ever complain about her driving yet lately she has been doing this horrible "brake-n-go" in driver's blind spots. She's afraid the driver is going move over and doesn't see her yet she doesn't remain far enough away from the vehicle to let it move over if it wanted to. The indecisiveness drives me nuts because I'm like either pass the guy and honk if he starts to come over OR stay way behind. Just make a decision for godsake. Of course from her perspective I'm not being cautious yet I never tail gate (like she does) and I'm a lot easier on the brakes because I coast a lot to a stop (makes her think I have no intention of stopping..haha) whereas she hits them fairly hard.

Last edited:
There are very few people I can be a passenger with. The last time I wasn't driving was when my mom drove me to the ER when I broke my toe. In hindsight I would have put up with the pain to drive myself.

I ride a commuter van and my driver's more aggressive than I am in the city. Not life threatening, but enough to bend metal. I don't mind it because he drives like I would if I have full coverage-- I only carry liability insurance and don't need the hassle. He also drives well on the highway... setting the cruise control to save fuel so he's not always changing lanes. I nap every time. It's heaven.

I'm cool with being a passenger and can sleep soundly. Do have to remind my other half to slow down on occasion when I am awake, when on road trips a quick "I'm not bailing you out and will keep driving home if your speed is arrestable" usually works quite well. Had to use that both in Wisconsin and once in Illinois when he had the cruise set at 95 MPH......I understand its nice and flat with nice roads but no this is not the autobahn and we don't know the rules of these states.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
I get motion sick if I'm not driving and do literally anything except look forward.

This is my problem. It's worse if I try to look at something on my phone while in the front passenger seat. My wife gets annoyed when I ask one of the kids to sit up front and I go for the back seat to be comfortable and not nauseous.

I don't really enjoy driving , especially in heavy traffic . I let my wife drive a lot of times . She has more patience than me .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back