Do you guys run a "frankenblend"

Use VWB cause I can't change my own oil in the condo and it's a $10 plus disposal fees coupon. Topped off with a few ounces of Harvest King (Warren Oil) cause the group III costs less than a quart of VWB. No problems so far.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by csandste
Use VWB cause I can't change my own oil in the condo and it's a $10 plus fees oil fee coupon. Topped off with a few ounces of Harvest King cause the group III costs less than a quart of VWB. No problems so far.

Good idea and I'd do that any day as well.

I do on Forte (highest mileage car) with oil leftovers from previous changes where oils get dumped into a jug that may end up with 2-3-4 different brands but same grades.
This happens once every 5 oil changes or so. Car runs better on the mix thou for some reason
lol.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Good replies, keep them coming folks. And, I also dont have a degree in frankenblend
shocked2.gif

LOL yes and all those folks at the Oil Change Store have a PHD. An all to common BITOG myth.

I've done it a time or two through the 40 years I've been owning a vehicle.
I see nothing wrong with it as long as it's same company like SOPUS
We you compare QS 5W-20 and RGT 5W-20
Not a lot of difference, so if I little of both I'd mix em without hesitation.

Sometimes in the Acura -- I use 4quarts of QSHM 5W20 and half a quart of PUP 5W20. Will be doing that in the summer when the PPPP 0W20 reaches its 5000 mile change. I have 2 quarts of PUP 5W20 to blend with my stash of QSHM 5W20 5quart jugs.

3 quarts of Rotella Gas Truck and 3.5 quarts of Liqui Moly, both 0W20, in my 2018 4Runner.

It runs better than I do.
grin.gif

Yeah, sort of. Between HDEO and PCMO.
Currently on Delvac 1300 and Mobil1 HM.
I try to keep it within a brand--frankenbrew of mobil OR frankenbrew of SOPUS OR ect.

I also try to keep the mix as dominant as possible with one of the oils; its been two parts 15w40 mixed with one part 5w20.
I want to start doing five parts 15w40 mixed with one part 0w16.

Everyone does. You can't get all the old oil out. Especially on a thing like RX Mazda, where an oil change is more like a ATF drain and fill. My FB UOA looked better than a straight fill, And that stuff was Frankened out good.

Does it count if I combine some of the latest PP I bought with the remainder of the previous container of same-grade PP I bought typically 8 or so months earlier, considering the list of standards it meets keeps changing?

I about to do a 3k oci of 1.5 qts of Mobil super 5w30 conventional with 2 qts of Harvest King 5w20 conventional. Both oils are listed in the manual for safe to use, so why wouldn't they be safe mixed. I'm no chemist, but in theory it's just a thick 5w20 when mixed or a thin 5w30.

Originally Posted by Dyusik
Everyone does. You can't get all the old oil out. Especially on a thing like RX Mazda, where an oil change is more like a ATF drain and fill. My FB UOA looked better than a straight fill, And that stuff was Frankened out good.

Exactly
Lots of guys do it, we hear of guys all the time running a filter two and three oil changes and use a different oil each time

Back