Do you feel compelled to organize your GC by mfg date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. All of my elves are neat, in a row, sorted oldest to the front and right for a fast grab and fill.
wink.gif
Newer stock and full, fresh cases are to the back and left.
grin.gif
In the waaaaay front is a fresh oil filter and a roll of teflon tape and a Fram Suredrain plug. Going to be getting it all in and a fresh change of elves when this OCI is done. Can't wait!
burnout.gif

mine are arranged oldest to newest front to back in each row, left to right by row.

As long as I always pull from the frontmost bottle of the leftmost row, I'm pulling from my oldest stocks.

48 bottles on the shelf atm.

Mine are somewhat arranged in order. I've got the M03s on their own, then the first batch of M04s with the old label are all together. Then I've got another shelf which has just the M04s with the newer label on it. I use it up in chronological order (oldest gets used first)

I actually keep my stash split between two locations. I figured that if disaster ever struck, I'd still have half of my green treasure left. So, I have about 70 qts here in Pensacola (where my house is) and about 80 quarts in [gulp], you guessed it, New Orleans. Really. I guess my theory proved correct. Ouch. Obviously, a great many folks have problems far worse than I do, but hey, I want my oil back! Actually, it's in my 4th floor BOQ room on a Naval installation, so I figure it will probably be there when I return, whenever that is. Far more than most NOLA residents have to look forward to. . .

quote:

Originally posted by burnout:
I would get a good chuckle out of the news if I saw a bottle of castrol floating by :p

Your sense of humor is almost as dark and evil as mine.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
lol.gif

Oh yeah, I did fail to mention that at least my NOLA stock was the older stuff (as old as M030, mostly M0332). But I still want it back (after, of course, everyone has a roof over their heads and something to eat...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back