12/2017 production date !?

Hi guys , I bought the wife a new Polo GTI with the ea888 gen3b . In Australia we still receive the gen3b in the facelift AE models due to our poor fuel quality however it does still retain MPI so its a little win .

Anyways i do have a lot of mobil 1 esp 504 spec 5w30 here for my Tiguan R but I wanted to use the same factory fill oil that is in the Polo according to the sticker ( 508.00 0w20 ) .

I ordered 2 bottles of toptec 6200 directly from the Liquimoly store in Aus and ive been sent stock with a 12/17 production date . At $122aud I wasn’t impressed

Am i ok to go ahead and use these or should i be chasing an exhcange ?

Reason for the online purchase is this spec oil regardless of brand is hardly known here and ive yet to see it in any of the auto stores .

Attachments

• IMG_1888.jpeg
    IMG_1888.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 14
Liqui Moly being the snake oil it is, you had better ask for a change. You might try this https://penriteoil.com.au/products/enviro-g4-fe-0w-20-full-syn
ive seen Liquimoly cop some hate before but first time ive seen it called snake oil … im not one to align to a brand im happy to run whatever i can get my hands on as long as it has the approvals i need .

Its good to know i can get penrite in 508 as I only came across liqui moly and mobil esp x2 locally

ive seen Liquimoly cop some hate before but first time ive seen it called snake oil … im not one to align to a brand im happy to run whatever i can get my hands on as long as it has the approvals i need .

Its good to know i can get penrite in 508 as I only came across liqui moly and mobil esp x2 locally
Their oils are ok if overpriced. They tend to sell a ton of engine oil and other additives though

Back