Do they have profesional driving schools?

Chin Motorsports is an organization that puts on excellent High Performance Driving Events on racetracks around the USA. Look them up.

BMW CCA, MBCA, and PCA conduct quite a few HPDEs. I instruct at CCA events when work permits; they provide considerable track time as well as useful classroom sessions.

The only problem with that is if you're after learning what cars do on the edge of their abilities, the grip with those is so much higher that yes you're learning how to drive the track, but you're not learning quite as much about car control.

The time would be better spent on semi-street tires letting the car move around underneath you a little bit so you can learn the dynamics of the deal.

IMO

I can see that side of the argument, but there are cheaper and more accessible ways to get that sort of experience, especially if one wants direct translation to their own personal car (at some risk).

The pro schools offer formula car programs that require no experience, and if I'm spending thousands, that's where my money is going to go.

Skip Barber

Allen Berg

Back