do i run a 50' hdmi cable or....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pc is in the living room.I want to connect a cable to a tv that's in another room,about 50' of length,thing is i only have a coax running to there right now.I was thinking of running the longest hdmi cable that i can find.Is there any way of using the coax instead?

If your PC doesn't have a coax video output (most don't), then you can't use coax cable obviously.

Whether a 50 feet run of HDMI cable will work will mostly depend on how strong of a signal your video card emits. You may need to install an HDMI amplifier/repeater type device.

I have a 75 ft HDMI over 2xCat6 run in the house, with the signal boosted by an HDMI splitter. It works OK.

I am doing the same thing. computer in kitchen, tv in living room. bought a 50 foot hdmi cable off of ebay for $25, and have absolutely no issues

50 foot is possible with a well-shielded HDMI cable. Otherwise there are less-lossy methods such as CAT6.

Originally Posted By: dparm
50 foot is possible with a well-shielded HDMI cable. Otherwise there are less-lossy methods such as CAT6.
is there a hdmi to cat6 adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back