Does COMPONENT to HDMI exist and or work

I am wall mounting my TV in my living room and want to keep all of the wires contained behind the TV.

I have a VCR that I want to connect to the TV over component. The VCR will be in a cabinet. So I wanted to have a wall plate behind the cabinet, have an in-wall cable run, then the outputs behind the TV with another wall plate.

I would like to just do HDMI in wall and ports. Does a component video and RCA audio to HDMI cable exist and or work? If I could do that I could drastically reduce the amount of runs between the boxes.
Thanks.

Such adapters do exist. How well they work - I have no idea.

My go-to place for this kind of stuff is Parts Express and they don't offer an adapter like this (anymore). They do have RCA (composite) to HDMI so technically component is doable the same way. Maybe there isn't any demand for them to offer it still.

They do have an adapter for going the other direction though: https://www.parts-express.com/RCA-DHCOPF-HDMI-to-Component-Video-Adapter-181-335. It's not under their "HDMI adapters" category so I didn't see it at first.

there's always this kind... instead of HDMI, you plug cat 5, etc Ethernet into the box at either end, just run the Ethernet through the wall..
that one's a bit pricey, but you can find them in all sorts of ends( Composite, component, even HDMI extenders) if you look around the net.

If it's a VCR you're connecting, you'll need composite to HDMI.
Didn't some (later) VCRs use component connections ? The OP refers to component and composite connections so he/she seems to know the difference.

Didn't some (later) VCRs use component connections ? The OP refers to component and composite connections so he/she seems to know the difference.
Maybe a combo DVD/VCR would have used component out. I've never seen a VCR with component.

713RO6N6XyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Back