Do i need a torque wrench for caliper washers, or

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i know eddie. thanks:)
well im looking at ac delco digital torque adapters, amazon. $52 each. oneis for 3/8 but covers 20-57 ftlbs. the other, is 1/2 drive, covers 4-147 foot lbs.
could i use the 1/2 drive one, with a 1/2 to3/8converter, on a3/8 ratchet, and stillnotloose torque specs? i wastaught, whenever you start adding additions too ratches, you loose torque.

well i ordered the 3/8 4-59 ft lb adapter. figured i could always use a 3/8- 1/4 adapter see how it goes, incase i wanna use my 1/4 ratchet.

The digital torque adapter is more precise, sure, but likely it's more accurate. With rust and what-not on the fastener and surfaces the concern about accuracy is overstated.

The downside with the digital torque adapters is they take up space, and you don't have much space around small car calipers.

Ill amneuver it...def belive thiers room to do it. where thiers will! thiers a way.
practicedonmy new calipers,brake hose with the digital adapter. 22 ft [censored]. set it..iused a 1/2 drivebig hand sized one, i got at autozone 10years ago, 1/2-3/8 adapter bit, the the digital adapter(its 3/8), then the 14 mm bit...it madea nonstop noise, looked at it, saw it counted up too 22 ft lbs.did it 2times forfun;)
iwont loose torque though, will i?when i go to usethis?i do have a 3/8ratchet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back