How to installnew brake hose to brake line..???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again all:) i bought new calipers, brake hoses, rotors. 98 corolla. got a new a delco digital torque adapter..its fun!:) used it lat night testing it, without reading instructions how it works,fast..(fast learner). putting 2 new copper wahers on, 1/2drive ratchet,not a longhandle one, 1/2 too3/8adapter, the ac delco adapter, and 14 mm bit for new dealer banjo bolts i bought.oldones are bad...17 years.crusty lots of rust. set the torque too 22 ft.[censored]...haynes manuel says too. was fun and easy:)
looking at inside of the brake hose, new one, NAPA brand, i noted inside, thiers treads, and in the middle...a kind of nipple* hole in it. When i go too install this brake hose, and screw with a 10 mm flare wrench..does the nipple in the hose go into the brake line? or do i simply just threade the line onto the brake hose>??? had me thinking, want too be prepaired so i dont screw up.
really wanted too do it today, but its gusty winds here. ide bdoingthis inparking lot where i live. wnids 26MPH,sometimes30.bit too gusty:/

The line nut spins, everything else stays stationary. If you've had any amount of rust, though, the line nut will rust-weld to the brake line and won't spin without ripping the line with it.

The general fix is to cut the line back to bare metal... could be a foot, flare it, couple it to a short new line, and attach the new line to the rubber hose.

Adding to your issues, there are double flare (inverted) and ISO flares (bubble) and you'll have a hard time finding a line that's one on one end and the other on the other.

your doing brakes not painting a fender i don't think the wind is so bad at 26 mph lol
Once you take the wheel off and look at it you will see its simple, install the caliper then screw the rubber brake line in to it. Very easy (make sure everything is clean) Put new quality fluid and bleed the system, I would bleed the whole brake system if it has not been done.

Toyota has a special wrench that fits on a 3/8 drive to loose the brake line from the brake hose fitting while it is still clipped in the holder bracket. Makes the job very simple.

Thanks all! This is why i LOVE this website:) intelligent,know hows:) you guys are THE best:)
the brakeline didne look rusted at all. still factory, under the fender. theirs a section of line custy though in the rear driver side. but its still driveable doable.
I was thinking, perhaps the brakeline goes over the nipple...

I pretty much bled the system over a week ago. First time doing a one person brake bleed.Got theplastic hose form homedepot,and a 16oz gatorade bottle. attached the hose too bleeder so it was snug, cracked itopen, 8mmwrench, gotin car, half the gatorade bottlefilledwith dt 3supertech brake fluid, hose asfar cramped down in the bottle...pressed the brakepedal5 time went too look,closed it.fluid was darkishlike bad pee colored. opened it again,pumped 4moretimes, watchedmy master cylinder fluid level,made sure it was topped off...8pumps per side, 4 wheels, till thefluid was clear and no air bubbles:) allsmooth fluidcame out:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back