Do Bitog atheists get offended easily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kcfx4
Originally Posted By: Liquid_Turbo
^

That is quite the myth.

Really??? Oh do explain!!!????

This forum is not the place for such a discussion. Just read some history books, views of Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PandaBear
This Great Country was based on GOD!! people need to realize what that means!!

It means you are probably not in agreement with most of the people in this country.

cali is its own country! were waiting on that big one! lol

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

May Halla Be with Us! (spelled backwards)

Are you serious???
smirk.gif

You're equating that with simply saying the word god and asking for prayers?

facepalm_smiley.gif

People from different belief systems pray as well.

liquid turbo, ppl w brains know that freedom religion meant protestant/catholic in the day, not this ignorance! get your eyes checked

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

May Halla Be with Us! (spelled backwards)

Are you serious???
smirk.gif

You're equating that with simply saying the word god and asking for prayers?

facepalm_smiley.gif

People from different belief systems pray as well.

That was exactly my point.
crackmeup2.gif

kcfx4 said:
Just read some history books, views of Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, etc.

I would suggest you do the same. But not just "History" "U.S. History". Visit Washington and look at inscriptions on Government Buildings, Read the (U.S.) Declaration of Independence.

Oh yea look at U.S. Coins.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
kcfx4 said:

I would suggest you do the same. But not just "History" "U.S. History". Visit Washington and look at inscriptions on Government Buildings, Read the (U.S.) Declaration of Independence.

enlighten me then, i love history!

i doubt that, but nice cop out

I hope that wasn't a reference to me.

I thought the vast majority of level headed people know that in general, when you tell someone to keep you in their prayers, it's simply an expression of empathy and caring for one another, regardless of ones religious beliefs.

kcfx4 said:

I have in fact read much history. And have been to Washington DC.

Thomas Jefferson as the author of the Declaration of Independence, was himself a deist who was opposed to many traditional Christian doctrines, in particular beliefs about the supernatural.

The board rules state NO Sex, Religion or politics. I have let request for prayers and the statement God Bless our country stay. In these request it does not specify any religion. If casperfun has a problem with my decision he can PM me.

i read up to be sure of myself, and it was! im out on this conversation tho, its bound to be locked and us kicked off

liquid turbo, ppl w brains know that freedom religion meant protestant/catholic in the day, not this ignorance! get your eyes checked

kcfx, it's interesting to discuss history, but not when you are being condescending.

Originally Posted By: casperfun
It was never meant to offend the atheists here.
Am I being to sensitive? And is anybody offended?

Didn't bother me in the least. Everybody's welcome to believe whatever they want and ask for whatever they want to whatever deity they believe in or don't.

Thanks for asking, though!

kcfx4 said:

Oh yea look at U.S. Coins.

The saying on coins appeared first in 1860 ish! And it has to do with "Godliness" as philosophy not a Judeo-Christian-centric deity.

As a national motto, it came out during the "Red Scare" of the 1950s:

Quote:
In 1956 the phrase was legally adopted as the United States' national motto by a law passed by the 84th United States Congress.(Public Law 84-851)"[9], and the United States Code at 36 U.S.C. § 302, now states: "'In God we trust' is the national motto."

I think people generally worry about offending other people too much. I don't really care what anyone thinks of anything as long as they aren't forcing me to think the same thing.

And people wonder why we don't allow discussion of religion on BITOG? Read this thread and see how people behave themselves.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back