Do Any board members have any contacts for technical writer or journalist jobs?

Hi all,

I'm reaching out to see if the myriad of smart people on the board have any contacts or know of any jobs regarding technical writing or journalism. I'm in Colorado. I have a Degree in Journalism with a minor in Aviation management, and am currently working security but getting tired of the politics, and favoritism where I work. Really tired of working nights. Thanks.

As the hiring manager of a pretty big company - everyone uses Indeed. Everyone says that they use Linkedin - but almost no one actually gets a job from Linkedin. I would suggest searching really specific job titles that you are interested in (on Indeed) and see what pops up.

If you're willing to relocate, scan the job websites for tech writer positions in Huntsville, AL. We have the US Army Redstone Arsenal here, and all of the related government contractor companies to support it. I work for one of them. Huntsville is growing like crazy, and is probably different from what folks that have never been to the south might imagine.

If you're willing to relocate, scan the job websites for tech writer positions in Huntsville, AL. We have the US Army Redstone Arsenal here, and all of the related government contractor companies to support it. I work for one of them. Huntsville is growing like crazy, and is probably different from what folks that have never been to the south might imagine.
Just be aware that:

1)Government contracts do eventually end or go up for rebid, and your company may not win it.

2)When the contract ends, your company may not have a position for you. You're now "on the bench".

3)They'll give you a certain amount of time to find a new position in the company.

4)If you can't find one, they'll lay you off, because if you're "on the bench" you aren't making them any money.

To elaborate on (3), this usually involves interviewing with the project manager of whatever contract you're applying for a position on. It's pretty much as much trouble and effort as finding a job through want ads, except that you can't negotiate for a higher salary.

Reactions: Pew
Hi all,

I'm reaching out to see if the myriad of smart people on the board have any contacts or know of any jobs regarding technical writing or journalism. I'm in Colorado. I have a Degree in Journalism with a minor in Aviation management, and am currently working security but getting tired of the politics, and favoritism where I work. Really tired of working nights. Thanks.

Maybe post your resume with all personal info removed so BITOG members can critique it.

Has your wife reached out to her network of friends and colleagues for job leads ?

Is there a pay range you are looking to start at ?

Last edited:
Maybe post your resume with all personal info removed so BITOG members can critique it.

Has your wife reached out to her network of friends and colleagues for job leads ?

Is there a pay range you are looking to start at ?
I'm not married. Looking for $30-35 an hour which is what is considered normal in Colorado for this line of work. I can post my resume.

Back