DIY bio diesel proccessor.:)

Almost finished up my 100 liter bio diesel processor, should just about be perfect for my truck and forklift.:)

IMG_5156.jpg
IMG_5157.jpg

Tony built a bio diesel setup in 2006 and posted about it here. Unfortunately, all the photos were lost when the photo hosting service disappeared. His setup was a work of art.

This is great! Nice scale, I used to make my own biodiesel and also run veg oil sometimes. Veg oil concerned me enough to limit its use to long distance high speed/load driving where things stayed good and hot, and run on Dino for a long time before shutting down….

Biodiesel was great, but I was living in an apartment so made batches using large stock pots. It was good for adding lubricity and cleaning to the fuel system.

I probably could make a system like yours, alas, these days I don’t have the time or energy to get the veg oil….

nice work! I look forward to seeing more!

This is great! Nice scale, I used to make my own biodiesel and also run veg oil sometimes. Veg oil concerned me enough to limit its use to long distance high speed/load driving where things stayed good and hot, and run on Dino for a long time before shutting down….

Biodiesel was great, but I was living in an apartment so made batches using large stock pots. It was good for adding lubricity and cleaning to the fuel system.

I probably could make a system like yours, alas, these days I don’t have the time or energy to get the veg oil….

nice work! I look forward to seeing more!
Thanks, I'll post up some pictures when it's finished. I was very concerned about running wvo as well when I started as 80-90% of my driving is city. To combat the issues with piston ring and injector coking I installed water meth injection and have had no issues. I've got 24,000 miles now since I started running veg daily and all the issues I've read about just haven't come up.:) Not to say something doesn't happen, but the savings have now far outweighed the cost if anything should go wrong.:)

Just have to finish the wash system today, order the pump for it and it's ready to make bio diesel.:) I did heat up a batch of veg oil in it and pump that around to confirm everything works.:) I'll start out with 25-50 liter batches for some time until I get the fuel quality I'm looking for. I plan on running a dry wash system, but if that's not adequate to wash the fuel, then I'll use water.

IMG_5190.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

Finished up my first 50 liters of bio diesel and turned out pretty nice. I'm now on my second 100 liter batch and that should last one month. For this batch I've decided to water wash it and see how I like it.:) Here's my first 50 liter batch.:)

Back