Dino Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone. I enjoy reading this board, it is very informative. i own a 1995 Nissan Hardbody 4x4 V6 truck with 67000 miles on it. In the beginning I used QS 10w30 with Nissan OEM oil filters with no problems.I have since switched to Castrol GTX and continue to use Nissan OEM oil filters and continue to have no problems. I always change the oil and filter every 3 months or 3000 miles (WCF). I want to know is there any other Dino (OTC) oil that would be the best choice?
Thanks

If you are changing your oil/filter every 3,000 miles you could use any SL rated oil, and I don't think that I would pay the extra money for the Nissan oil filter either, changing your oil as often as you do I'd even consider the Supertech oil filter at wallmart (made by champion) 2 bucks.

Both Castrol and Penzoil are the preferred over the counter dino oils from this site. They both contain moly, where as any other over the counter dino doesn't. So your recipe for oil changes is about as good as it gets!
cheers.gif

Castrol GTX is a good choice, and you'd probably find if you did an oil analysis on it that you could safely stretch your intervals to 4 or 5k and the oil would still be in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back