Dilemma: CRV OCI theory help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: miden851
Lots of valuable information to consider here; Thank you all!

Back my our CRV, it is a two wheel drive vehicle: we live in the sun belt so no need for 4 wheel; I also don't mind get dirty and keep car in clean and mechanically solid shape;

I may order the oil analysis on Blackstone lab next oil change so that would let me know about my oil interval change, what's going on whithin the engine and what suits the best for the car at a lower cost

This has been discussed here before and feel free to ignore, but...

The big issue with any DI engine like your CRV's is fuel dilution. Blackstone estimates a dilution percentage based on a human observation of a sample's flash point. Lots of things can go wrong and Blackstone's fuel dilution estimates are generally considered here to be unreliable and grossly undersatated. A lab that uses gas chromotography will give you all the wear metal information Blackstone does and a much more accurate fuel dilution figure.

There are several events documented where, using a sample of the same oil change, Blackstone said fuel dilution was negligible and not a problem while Polaris (a GC lab) said dilution was >5% and a real problem. So, if you want to feel good go with Blackstone. If you want real information, look elsewhere.

You can use any 0w20 or 5w20, syn, syn blend, or dino, for the full OLM-suggested OCI
smile.gif

But my choice would be the cheapest syn on sale (usually Napa Synthetic) and a Wix filter (Napa Gold is Wix) and run it to 15%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back