different oil quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Anyone ever buy the 5+ quart jugs from Autozone? I bet they`re a pita to measure off to fill a car with a 4.5 quart capacity.

The 5+ quart jugs from Autozone are exactly 5 liters. Your car manual should state your capacity in liters as well as quarts.

Originally Posted By: cp3
I asked Ashland about this topic too. Same type of response - "For the Walmart issue, we do not have to meet any particular demands on pricing. There are many factors that are involved in pricing, however most of the time, containers sizes, etc. can cause this change, as Walmart may suggest that the oils are produced in different container sizes that the regulation quart size, such as 5 quart containers. However, no matter the size or price, as long as the Valvoline label is on the front of the container, the quality of the oil will be the same, as we do not change quality of products, by who buys them."

.......but what else are they going to say I guess? Personally, I do find it hard to believe that any of the majors would play this game.

no offense guys, but this game is played everyday in america, may not be the oil companies yet, but just by watching the news you would think this is more than possible

Obviously, much of what is sold at WM is the same as other stores, but there are some that are different. For example, Dyson sells a WM only vacuum cleaner that they admit has a shorter warranty and WM specific parts. I was buying a Panasonic corldless phone a few years ago and was comparing what I thought were identical models, but the WM one was cheaper. Turns out the WM one had a different model number that wasn't even listed on the Panasonic web site. The WM one had unlighted keys (big deal), but who knows what else was cheapened. Pioneer stereo equipment is another example.

These are all companies with good reputations who sell cheapened items at WM. I always assumed things like oil were the same, but who knows. I personally won't buy an electronic or big ticket item at WM for fear it is cheapened. I do buy oil there, but I'm starting to wonder...

Well I know here in canada anyway, alot of walmart's oils are sold in 5 liter jugs where at most other parts places and canadian tire they are in 4.4l jugs.... I heard long ago walmart makes the companies make 5 liter jugs for them to sell because i'd rather buy 5 liters of oil for the samer price or cheaper as 4.4 liters and joe consumer thinks the same way.

Same oil, different bottle is the way I see it. I buy all my oil there and never a problem.

Originally Posted By: kool_zx3
Well I know here in canada anyway, alot of walmart's oils are sold in 5 liter jugs where at most other parts places and canadian tire they are in 4.4l jugs.... I heard long ago walmart makes the companies make 5 liter jugs for them to sell because i'd rather buy 5 liters of oil for the samer price or cheaper as 4.4 liters and joe consumer thinks the same way.

True. Besides, 5 litre containers are more handy for my F-150, which takes 6 litres, and the 4.5 litre containers are perfect for the Audi. The 4 litre containers, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back