Different brands/viscs at every OCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using a brand from France called IGOL, and it's an all synth oil,5w40,and I am happy with it.

But what happened if I change to different brands/visco at every OCI?

For example I am interested in using Conoco Hydrocracked Clear 10w40 then the next OCI I am interested in using Toyota 20w50, then the next OCI I am interested in using Motul 5w30 synth ester then the next OCI I am interested in using Redline 10w40?

Will doing this ruin my engine or my engine won't care one way or another? Will I feel any difference in the engine performance? The Igol Symbol Ceramic 5w40 that I've been using so far seemed perfect for my engine,smooth and less noisy than 5w30. So what would happen if viviciously change brands and visc?

My car is a 2003 Corolla with 35,000 KM living in hot,humid,stop and go,heavily polluted,not so great gasoline quality,dusty city Jakarta, Indonesia.

w/o any UOA over the course of several different motor oil changes, all we can do is to speculate.

While mixing various different brands/makes of motor oil generally cause upset additive package, otherwise, viscosity-wise it may be pretty much within expectation (e.g. if you mix 20W50 with 10W30, the end result should be lower than 20W50, etc.).

I'll be more worried about the upsetting of additives from different motor oil makes (or additive clash) and also the extended OCI that would have accelerate the additive depletion (which subsequently lead to premature rise in insoluables).

Don't see a problem at all. Most oils are very good, and if you happen to get a bad one in there, then it will only be there for 1 OCI. I would suggest this is a much better strategy for those that can't make a decision than buying more than one and mixing.

Some $$ can be saved by picking a few good ones and then just buy on price each time.

You have nothing to worry about, at all. If this caused a problem, vehicles all over the US, and even the world would be having engine problems. Not to mention.. Even if youve been using the same oil for years, its probably changed dozens of times over that period of time.

the oil corporation CEO's and Exec's just hate us.....
no brand loyality anymore...even when they GIVE us sale prices on their products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back