Difference in Sansa Mp3 players??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason I ask is that I purchased a new Sansa Clip Zip 4gb MP3 player to replace an older Sansa Clip that has 2gb of memory and is full of Mp3s.

The Sync system in my truck sees the older 2gb player but not the new one. The kind lady in the system told me "no USB connected". The display shows "No media files" and will show "USB Disconnected" when I unplug it.

I have 2gb's worth of MP3 files on the new player however.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

just make sure it's formatted properly.
no personal experience w/ sync, but the usb slots on both my kenwood stereo, and my xbox360 (like sync, an MS product)require the drive to be formatted in FAT32.

Thanks for the replies.
I guess my next question is if I could reformat the new player and it still work? Would that wipe out the firmware that is used to operate the player or will it just clean the user access memory?

The USB thumb drive sounds like the best idea I guess.

If I remember correctly you have to set the player to a certain mode to be recognized as a USB drive. I forgot the name of those modes.

I searched the web....tried a bunch of different settings and I still get a message that there are no media files and that Sync can't play "protected" media. They are protected in any form or fashion.

At least my older Sanas clip player still syncs up.

So I will use the new one here in the house.

Thanks again everyone.

Well, I don't know what happened....other than it could have been the update I supplied to Sync via a USB flash drive....but it sees the new player now.

But...I went ahead and downloaded all MP3s to a flash drive..and all is well. Thanks guys!

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
If I remember correctly you have to set the player to a certain mode to be recognized as a USB drive. I forgot the name of those modes.

MSC(USB mass-storage class) is the "Hey I'm just a USB drive Mr. Computer."

MTP is the "Hi there. Nope. Sorry. Going to have to use Windows Media Player or 3rd party Mac software. Oh no, no, no. You thought you could just put songs on me? Oh how naive you are. You'll have to "sync" me. Its so much simpler. First just load all your music into the library and ..."

BTW since this thread is about the Sansa, if you are looking for a playlist creator for the Sansa...
http://www.oddgravity.de/

Works fantastic after adjusting a couple of options. (Relative vs. absolute paths).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back