difference between PAO type

Can somebody explain to me what is the difference between those types of PAO?

SpectraSyn Elite™ mPAO

SpectraSyn™ PAO

SpectraSyn Plus™ PAO

Synesstic™ AN

And what is the intended use in motor oil, why lubricant blender will use one over the other? Thanks for your interest and I can’t wait to read your ensure

Attachments

• exxonmobil_chemical_advanced_synthetic_base_stocks_en.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
When you buy your finished oil you are getting a blend of base stocks and additives to meet a specification.

Ehhh...why not just read the PDF? It pretty much spells out the characteristics of each type, their advantages and their intended uses.

Can somebody explain to me what is the difference between those types of PAO?

SpectraSyn Elite™ mPAO

SpectraSyn™ PAO

SpectraSyn Plus™ PAO

Synesstic™ AN

And what is the intended use in motor oil, why lubricant will use one over the other? Thanks for your interest and I can’t wait to read your ensure
mPAO tends to be on the thick side … Mobil Industrial Lubricants would have it before a jug of Walmart M1

The last one isn't a PAO, AN's are a different beast.

mPAO is heavy and incredibly low in volatility, it's also expensive so it is not used much in PCMO's. It can be used in small doses to tweak viscosity in place of using VII making the resulting formula more shear stable.

The others are just Mobil's PAO offerings with SpectraSyn being their "normal" PAO product portfolio and the Plus version having slightly better cold temp performance and lower volatility.

Back