diff oil brand?

I have a 2009 Sierra 4x4 1500. I just had the differential gears changed from 342 to 410s. after brake in I plan to change out the oil. i bought some house brand synthetic 75 90 I'll prob take back. just google searching it looks like amsoil and royle purple are the top 2.

I know I'll use synthetic in the back but the manual calls for 80 90 in the front and im not sure if i should go ahead and use synthetic in both axles.

the hardest work the truck will do is pull a 5000lb travel trailer in hilly areas.

the truck has open diffs so I'm probably overthinking this.
thanks for any opinions on the matter.

I put Amsoil in mine only because I had a free preferred customer trial period at the time and got a decent price on it. Not sure what I'll use next honestly. But I have a way to go, I only have about 8k miles on it. :D

Amsoil Severe Gear Oil. 2 day shipping from Pablo. I've been using the Gear oil for years and very satisfied. Just my humble opinion.

I have a 2009 Sierra 4x4 1500. I just had the differential gears changed from 342 to 410s. after brake in I plan to change out the oil. i bought some house brand synthetic 75 90 I'll prob take back. just google searching it looks like amsoil and royle purple are the top 2.

I know I'll use synthetic in the back but the manual calls for 80 90 in the front and im not sure if i should go ahead and use synthetic in both axles.

the hardest work the truck will do is pull a 5000lb travel trailer in hilly areas.

the truck has open diffs so I'm probably overthinking this.
thanks for any opinions on the matter.
Don’t use RP !!!😳

thanks everyone. i only have 2 qts of the house brand so i may just use it in the front. not attached to any brand but what's wrong with RP?
Do some research and you’ll see
Guys with hipo cars don’t use it
To many broken rear gears.....you can run Amsoil or Redline for the same money and run with no problems

Back