Diff. in MPG between E0+HF Air filter and E10+OE Air filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added on to my post. Gasoline formulations can change from state to state. Environmental regulations.
Just read about the Nevada Gasoline Regulations. Says something about gasoline's vapor pressure and volatility during ozone season from May1 to Sept. 15 so in that span of time the summer blend would be sold if I understand it correctly.

Yes very common to see 85 octane sold at the higher elevation areas in the US. Even a place like Amarillo Texas has mostly 86 octane as the base grade of gasoline.

I don't think that's necessarily the case, at least not in areas where lots of stations offer the option. Most of our Kwik Trips have E0 91 (labeled as "premium recreational gasoline" or similar) that's marked as top tier on the pump. And I got gas at a BP today that had Amoco Ultimate E0 91, which is top tier. My guess is that top tier stations will have top tier appropriate additive concentrations in their E0 as well, and that non-top tier stations selling E0 (like Maverik, Casey's, Kum and Go, etc.) will have EPA-minimum concentrations of additives in all grades. (But I have seen a few, say, Shell stations that offer E0 marked on the pump as "Not a Shell Product" but that's relatively uncommon, in my experience. Most pumps I've seen don't make any such distinction.)
Yeah i'm with you. All I was saying is there are caveats where you don't really know what is going on.
In my area if you can find E0 its at a separate pump off to the side...so i definitely don't trust that if it was a top tier station that the E0 is also top tier.

You changed 4 things, what caused the change? I tried EO gas for a few months and got better mpgs with the Eo. The E has a lower energy content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back