Diesel oil shortage on Walmart shelves in New Mexico. Is Walmart wanting to emerge from the pandemic and only sell or promote their house brand now.

This whole shortage I think is artificial. My Rural King and Tractor Supply have some house brand HDEO and rotella. Rural King even has Castrol 15w40 on shelves

So much for shortages. After I took this two guys brought in mega haul of HDEO and Valvoline PCMO. 🤔🤔🤔

Attachments

• 08D33AEB-B344-4CED-B241-FC98207E78B1.jpeg
    08D33AEB-B344-4CED-B241-FC98207E78B1.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 804FD427-23D5-40C8-858D-1FAD84E63449.jpeg
    804FD427-23D5-40C8-858D-1FAD84E63449.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 40
Same here in So Cal. I went to two different Walmarts, and two Auto Zones before I found Delo 400 SDE. One of the guys who works at Walmart said it sells as fast as they can stock the shelves. I suspect that whats going on is much like what happened with tiolet paper and ammo. Scalpers are buying it and selling it on EBAY. I saw a gallon of Delo 400 SDE on EBAY for $90.00. Amazon wasn't much less..

Here's the beauty of stock outs. It often results in over ordering which is then followed by excess stock and lower prices!

I was thinking about buying an additional 3 gallons of Delo 400 SDE, not so I can hoard it, but to have just in case I find myself in a position where I need to change the oil, and can't find any. This problem with this is that I don't drive my truck much and only need to chnge the oil about once a year. Does this stuff have a shelf life?

I was thinking about buying an additional 3 gallons of Delo 400 SDE, not so I can hoard it, but to have just in case I find myself in a position where I need to change the oil, and can't find any. This problem with this is that I don't drive my truck much and only need to chnge the oil about once a year. Does this stuff have a shelf life?
Here is a thread about shelf life which has a link to another thread about shelf life. There are more.

Just wondering why you like Delo 400 SDE so much ?

And not buy a different brand if you can’t find SDE ?

It's what I've been using in my Diesels for almost 20 years without any trouble. Also it's not just the Delo that seems to be rare these days. It's all brands. In fact, Costco, who was stocking pallets of Kirkland brand diesel oil, is out. So my point is that I was thinking about stocking at least an extra oil change; however, I don't know if it's ok to use after a year or more of sitting in my garage...

It's what I've been using in my Diesels for almost 20 years without any trouble. Also it's not just the Delo that seems to be rare these days. It's all brands. In fact, Costco, who was stocking pallets of Kirkland brand diesel oil, is out. So my point is that I was thinking about stocking at least an extra oil change; however, I don't know if it's ok to use after a year or more of sitting in my garage...
Here is a thread about shelf life which has a link to another thread about shelf life. There are more.

Back