Did Windows 10 really delete my HDD partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
but hardware compatibility isn't often listed as a potential hurdle to folks considering trying it.

Neither is software (in)compatibility, which might be an even bigger issue. As time passes there seems to be less and less hardware that flat-out doesn't play nicely with Linux; but folks who depend on Outlook or Office or Photoshop, et al. are snookered.

Couldn't have said it better for myself.

My preferred way to deal with incompatibility is to just use a VM of windows and give it 4gb of ram. Plenty for what I need it for.

Although Ubuntu is nice, ArchLinux is becoming my favourite flavour over the traditional Debian flavours of Ubuntu and Xubuntu, but it might be due to the mass popularity that Ubuntu receives so I must be different :] .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Although Ubuntu is nice, ArchLinux is becoming my favourite flavour over the traditional Debian flavours of Ubuntu and Xubuntu, but it might be due to the mass popularity that Ubuntu receives so I must be different :] .

As a tinkerer, Arch is my favourite distro; but as someone who "supports" several systems for friends, family and neighbours I stick with Ubuntu so I can run the exact same setup as those I support. Arch's community is second to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back