Dickey Betts Passed Away

He was a great one. His son looks just like him and his playing style is like his father's. It's amazing how long he lived with all the drug use. He got kicked out of the Allman Bros for drug use. Imagine that.

No doubt that Dickey kept the band together after Duane's passing. Now, Jaimoe is the last man standing :(

He was a great one. His son looks just like him and his playing style is like his father's. It's amazing how long he lived with all the drug use. He got kicked out of the Allman Bros for drug use. Imagine that.
When I saw the Allman Brothers in Columbus, Georgia, Dickey Betts had to drag Greg Allman off of the stage. Greg was so fried, he could barely sing or play his Hammond B3.

When I saw the Allman Brothers in Columbus, Georgia, Dickey Betts had to drag Greg Allman off of the stage. Greg was so fried, he could barely sing or play his Hammond B3.
I don't doubt it but in later years Greg had cleaned up and Dickey was still using drugs hard. I saw them 3 times. Two with Warren Haynes and one with some bald guy that wore a beet. He wasn't very good. Haynes was awesome.

I don't doubt it but in later years Greg had cleaned up and Dickey was still using drugs hard. I saw them 3 times. Two with Warren Haynes and one with some bald guy that wore a beet. He wasn't very good. Haynes was awesome.
That was one heck of a concert.
Atlanta Rhythm Section
Molly Hatchet
Allman Brothers
Molly Hatchet blew the roof off of the place.

Back