Dexron Vi Alternatives

Hello, Are there any dexron Vi alternatives I can use for a 08 Chevrolet Uplander? Looking for the cheapest option that’s compatible with Gm transmissions, Can I use any multi vehicle atf or would Valvoline maxlife work for my specific application? Thanks.

Hello, Are there any dexron Vi alternatives I can use for a 08 Chevrolet Uplander? Looking for the cheapest option that’s compatible with Gm transmissions, Can I use any multi vehicle atf or would Valvoline maxlife work for my specific application? Thanks.
I would just Google Dexron VI alternatives Bitog, and see what comes up. I am sure this has been discussed before.

There are plenty to choose from. You can't go wrong with any of the leading brands. I would look if any are on sale in your area. If not, you can't go wrong with Castrol, Valvoline, or Mobil. Valvoline Max is quite popular here on BITOG, and is probably what I would choose.

I used Havoline Dex VI (I think it is called Havoline Multi-vehicle now) in my mom's 2007 Saturn Vue.
Shifting improved after the drain and fill with filter change (with about 115,000 on the vehicle).

Just had same thing to do recently. Valvoline blue bottle Dex 6 is $38 per gallon in autozone. Walmarts around me did not have enough single quarts in stock. Maxlife is not true Dex 6...

Thinking about trying Pennzoil platinum Dexron Vi/ Mercon Lv or Napa Dexron Vi, I forgot about Valvoline Dexron Vi

Warning! Looks like AC Delco has changed the Dexron VI formu it uses to semi synthetic…

Make sure the bottle says “Full Synthetic”, and not just “Synthetic”…
Yup.

2F370546-6387-4724-A75D-1B1027CCFA7D.jpg

Back