Detailed Engine using Infinity Wax Rubber Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PimTac
I would wonder how that rubber wax would apply cleanly to those switches? In that situation I would want something in solution. The chance of getting product in between the buttons is something to think about.

I'll do a test and post it. It's very thin. However, Infinity Wax makes an interior spray that they recommend for that. I'll try the Rubber Wax though and let you know.

303 is fine and I've used in the past. I wonder if they changed the formulation though as it didn't lay right the last time I used it in the engine.

Originally Posted by buster
I would wonder how that rubber wax would apply cleanly to those switches? In that situation I would want something in solution. The chance of getting product in between the buttons is something to think about.

I'll do a test and post it. It's very thin. However, Infinity Wax makes an interior spray that they recommend for that. I'll try the Rubber Wax though and let you know.

With a spray I just spray my microfiber cloth first and then wipe down any surfaces. Even with a thin gel or wax you take the chance of getting product in between switches and in gaps which will dry and thus create more work with picks or whatever. With a good SiO2 product a little goes a long ways.

Using Gyeon Preserve for example I spray one squeeze into my microfiber cloth and apply. I've seen the rain drops bead on any surface it was applied to. In the rainy Seattle area that is preferable.

Originally Posted by buster

With a spray I just spray my microfiber cloth first and then wipe down any surfaces. Even with a thin gel or wax you take the chance of getting product in between switches and in gaps which will dry and thus create more work with picks or whatever. With a good SiO2 product a little goes a long ways.

Using Gyeon Preserve for example I spray one squeeze into my microfiber cloth and apply. I've seen the rain drops bead on any surface it was applied to. In the rainy Seattle area that is preferable.

Good points. I agree.

I was interested in Megiuars Hybrid Ceramic spray too as it appears to be very easy and convenient. Ease of use is a big component in what I like to use. I'm not driving around in a Ferrari. One has to wonder how a company like Infinity Wax compares to a large marketing company like Meguiars.

Ray, I need someone to explain how silicone dioxide is incorporated into any auto detailing product, LOL. Your friends link also shows it to be out of stock. I AM interested in any product that gets good user reviews. You certainly are excited about it, but, can we trust a guy that buys a dated interior???
lol.gif
FYI, on our current vehicle we actually searched for one that had old time roll up windows, so I love your choice, especially the reliable mechanical aspect!

Lol hey don't take my word go to other detail forums. I've known the owner of Auto-Bella for 30 years. He's obsessed with this stuff. His shop has a 30 ft long wall of every detail product known to man. I'm not a chemist though and can't go by anything other then what I see and read.

I'll give my review of the interior detail spray when I get it next week. I like the idea though of using this wax as a dressing.

There is nothing magical about how the Rubber Wax protected in the pictures below, but I wanted to show a difference between treated and untreated trim and how it doesn't streak.

Treated
[Linked Image]

Untreated
[Linked Image]

No streaking
[Linked Image]

Do you plan on applying it to your exterior plastic trim and cladding?

Definitely. That is what I originally bought it for. Door seals as well. Plastics/rubber, especially on the exterior I never found a good product for that. I've used Mother's Back to Black years ago but that doesn't compare to this Infinity Rubber Wax. As far as the engine goes, I have a bottle of Sonus Motorkote coming. I want to see if the Infinity Wax holds up as long as the Sonus. Sonus is a spray bottle as I'm sure you know.

https://www.sonus-theperfectshine.com/product/sonus-trim-motor-kote-16-9-oz-bottle/

I want to nail down just a few products I can use for both cars. I've even considered going the cheap route and using Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax for the exterior. Honestly there is still part of me that thinks a lot of these boutique products are overrated and not necessary for a daily driver. The Infinity Wax is one that is worth it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back