Denso ftf filters...silicon adbv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received two separate Denso filters, and they both have black adbv on them. Any chance these are black silicon? Their website clearly says it should have a silicon valve. thx

Their website also shows black adbv in the photos, and states silicon. I'd assume that's what they are: silicon in black.

You can also find photos of orange ones too, though. Maybe a recent change?
Either way, I wouldn't worry. Solid filter for the buck.

Originally Posted By: Olds394
Any chance these are black silicon?

There is ZERO chance that they are silicon.

There is 100% chance that they are SILICONE.

Silicon and silicone are different substances despite the similarity of their names.

From past threads, I think the FTF are now made in China, and they use to be made in Thailand. The Thailand manufactured filters were considered good quality from what I have read and saw cut open. If the ADBV is black, that's a good indication it is nitrile.

Originally Posted By: Tegger
Originally Posted By: Olds394
Any chance these are black silicon?

There is ZERO chance that they are silicon.

There is a 100% chance that they are SILICONE.

Silicon and silicone are different substances despite the similarity of their names.

fixed

Denso isn't very accurate in their packaging graphics and marketing info. Maybe they have enough business with OE manufacturers to not spend more time on retail sales. Silicon is black, probably the red silicone valves are colored red or orange so we can see we have silicone over the old nitrile. Baldwin still uses nitrile, and seems to have had good success with it. There are probably many different types and grades of nitrile rubber, so some may be perfectly suitable to the temps on modern vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back