Demo Vehicle Questions

I guess calling the car a demo means it was never titled. I wouldn't buy the car unless the damaged was fixed. You didn't say where you are located as far as rustproofing is concerned. Oil-Dexos labeled-what ever brand. Wax depends.

I'm getting a vibe that you may want to take someone who has some experience buying a vehicle and the negotiation process involved.

No. Demos are always titled with the dealer. A lot of dealer agreements actually require a certain number of demo cars per year is often in that agreement.

My first car I bought I test drove their demo. The sales guy said that they preferred to do it that way rather than take out too many new cars. But it was a 1995 Acura Integra GS-R back when Acura dealers basically only had Integras, Legends, and NSX (which wasn't up for a test drive). I guess if someone wanted to test drive an automatic Integra they might have pulled out a car in their inventory and try to keep the mileage down. The way the sales guy told it, they rack up about 5000 miles and sell it where they can write off the loss in value.

But as far as the damage goes, that's always negotiable. That's probably also something they can use as a tax write-off.

I would have the dealer repair the damage before purchasing. You can make sure its done right instead of buying the car first and repairing later. The repair would be a one day job no big deal. Personally, I have never pay for rust prevention and if rust starts it's usually time for me to get rid of the vehicle for a new toy. Spend the rust repair money on good all weather floor mats and a trunk liner. I would not be scared of a demo at all.

It's last year's model, so it's always going to be a year lower in the price books when you go to sell or trade it.

That's a $300.00 cost-incurred by the dealer. It's another point up for negotiation.
Cpo is much more the. 300.
Shop to cop it is more then that then you need to pay GM for the privilege. If vehicle was not tilteled you cant cpo it.

More then likely milage will be 50500.

Demo is most likely one of their ex loaner cars. Would I personally buy it? No. Not that it’s a bad car I just can’t sleep well knowing my car was previously driven by a ton of people and they probably didn’t care about it.

if the price savings on this demo can justify over new then go for it. Otherwise just buy new.

wax based undercoat will last longer than oil based with NY road salt. The salt here will eat thru just about anything smh

Is frequently floored when cold and before broken in by all kinds of drivers, mis-used?
Most modern engines build enough oil pressure right after start that this driving style can't really damage anything - many engines limit HP until a certain oil temp is reached. IF it was an issue, the guys who drive the cars onto the top deck of car transport trailers (pretty steep) would be seen waiting for the engines to warm up before launching the car to the top deck of trailer...they don't.

IF it was an issue, the guys who drive the cars onto the top deck of car transport trailers (pretty steep) would be seen waiting for the engines to warm up before launching the car to the top deck of trailer...they don't.
They don't floor them either, not on the ramps at least. In the parking, another story. I've seen them doing donuts.

Back