Delvac 1 SHC appears to still be around !

Status
Not open for further replies.
doing a bit of a search and found this
http://www.exxonmobil.com/Australia-English/Marine/PDS/GLXXENMRNEMMobilDelvac1_SHC5W40.asp

Here's the data, check the TBN and pour points!

Specifications & Approvals

Mobil Delvac 1SHC 5W-40 meets or exceeds the following industry and builder specifications:

ACEA E5/B4/B3
API CF

Mobil Delvac 1 SHC 5W-40 has the following builder approvals:

Mack EO-M
ZF-TE-ML 04C
Volvo VDS-2
Renault RVI RXD
Deutz TBD 616 Marine
Daimler Chrysler MB 228.5
MAN M 3277
MTU Type 3

Typical Properties

SAE Grade
5W-40
Viscosity, ASTM D 445
cSt @ 40ºC 93
cSt @ 100ºC 14.5
Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270 172
Sulphated Ash, wt%, ASTM D 874 1.8
Total Base # , mg KOH/g, ASTM D 2896 16
Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97 -54
Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92 226
Density @ 15ºC kg/l, ASTM D 4052 0.860

Rick.

[ March 09, 2004, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: tdi-rick ]

Hi Rick,

Delvac 1 SHC was available here until about 12-18 months ago when it was "superceded" by Delvac 1. I do not believe it is available anywhere here now

Delvac 1 SHC - which was a "Euro" formulation - was a spectacular under seller in Australia with it's marketing being directed to the trucking industry. About 90% of trucks here as you probably know have either an American engine-driveline or are Japanese

Regards
Doug

I thought that was the case with road transport Doug, but this PDS is current on Mobils' Oz site in the marine section.
dunno.gif

Rick.

Rick, bin there, done that.

When I was on my quest to find THE synthetic oil that I could use in the Navara, the Delvac SHC was the standout. It met the "no more than CF-4", and all the other stuff.

Unfortunately, Mobil advised that it's not available downunder anymore. (It IS still on the website, I know)

Then I got interested in Delvac XHP Extra, which is a group III, overbased 1.8% ash CF-4. It was on the database, and was removed a day after I enquired (I've got the PDF). Mobil advised that it will be on and off the market, but would be ideal for my car. They advised to keep ringing, as it is a marginal call at present.

The other oil I was interested was on the website (now gone), Delvac HP30, a "straight" 30, with -35C pourpoint, and a V.I. of 122. It's not here either.

They've even removed the PDS for Delvac HP 15W-40, which IS still available here. It meets CF, ACEA B3, E3, E5.

If you want the PDS', give me a yell, and I can e-mail them to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back