Delvac 1 ESP 5w40 CJ-4 Formula + 13.2% RLI Biosyn Booster Pak Blended HDEO.

This is my 2nd time using RLI Booster Pak. 1st time, from an 8 oz bottle added at 2.5% yielded ~ 85 PPM of additional Antimony DTC to the base oil. Booster pak is advertised at 8400 PPM and this result yielded about 1/2 the expected result from of the advertised concentration.

I purchased a gallon of Booster Pak off Amazon and mixed it with Delvac 1 ESP 5w40 (CJ-4 formula). This is the superior, old PAO based D1 which doesn't have any moly and has an advertised 100c viscosity of 14.7 cSt and 4.1 HTHS. I removed 500 mL of oil from the gallon jug using a graduated cylinder, and replaced it with BP. Since this oil doesn't have any Moly, Tungsten or Titanium AW/FM it seemed like a safe oil to mix with the Booster Pak to prevent any antagonistic side effects.

The target was 500-600 ppm of Sb DTC, and I shot way over it based on my previous mixing experiment. My measurements are accurate and I always use clean graduated cylinders, so I think the first batch I got in the 8 oz bottle from RLI was weak.

As you can see this batch is or very close to the advertised concentration of 8400 ppm. It appears my new mix should be around 250 mL per gallon or 6.6% to get the desired 550-600 ppm. I'm going to try running this stuff in the future as I have a good stash of CJ-4 ESP D1 and the cost of RLI Biosyn has gotten prohibitively expensive.

w8txgik.jpg

It only boosted the antimony by 85 ppm? Are you saying the delved has 1000+ ppm of antimony in its addpack?

It only boosted the antimony by 85 ppm? Are you saying the delved has 1000+ ppm of antimony in its addpack?

Reading is fundamental for those of us who take the time to do it.

This is my 2nd time using RLI Booster Pak. 1st time, from an 8 oz bottle added at 2.5% yielded ~ 85 PPM of additional Antimony DTC to the base oil. Booster pak is advertised at 8400 PPM and this result yielded about 1/2 the expected result from of the advertised concentration.

I purchased a gallon of Booster Pak off Amazon and mixed it with Delvac 1 ESP 5w40 (CJ-4 formula). This is the superior, old PAO based D1 which doesn't have any moly and has an advertised 100c viscosity of 14.7 cSt and 4.1 HTHS. I removed 500 mL of oil from the gallon jug using a graduated cylinder, and replaced it with BP. Since this oil doesn't have any Moly, Tungsten or Titanium AW/FM it seemed like a safe oil to mix with the Booster Pak to prevent any antagonistic side effects.

The target was 500-600 ppm of Sb DTC, and I shot way over it based on my previous mixing experiment. My measurements are accurate and I always use clean graduated cylinders, so I think the first batch I got in the 8 oz bottle from RLI was weak.

As you can see this batch is or very close to the advertised concentration of 8400 ppm. It appears my new mix should be around 250 mL per gallon or 6.6% to get the desired 550-600 ppm. I'm going to try running this stuff in the future as I have a good stash of CJ-4 ESP D1 and the cost of RLI Biosyn has gotten prohibitively expensive.

Back