Delo 400LE 15w-40.....VOA or Technical Data Sheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there! I have an older flat tappet engine from the 80's that likes Zinc and Phosphorus. The engine can can take 10W-40 to 20W-50 just fine. I've always liked the HDEO's because of their higher Zn/Ph and high detergency.

I came across a HDEO comparison from PQIA and Delo 400LE seemed like a great oil in almost all regards. It was on sale locally so I bought a gallon for $13. Here is the comparison link:
PQIA HDEO Comparison

PQIA lists the Zn/Ph as 1490/1312ppm, respectively. I took a loot at Chevron's Technical datasheet and they list the Zn/Ph as 1300/1200ppm.
Delo 400 LE Datasheet

I've browsed over some Blackstone and other VOA's and they seem to be all over the place.

So who do you believe? PQIA, the manufacturer, Blackstone, someone else???

Thanks!

Well, you've got lab error and batch-to-batch variation to contend with, so no two analysis results will be exactly the same. But as long as the results are in the ballpark of what the spec sheet claims, then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I think I believe PQIA as they test many different brands and weights.

I doubt that the manufacturer can put in exactly 1300 and 1200 ppm every time. They are probably in the ball park with their figures. Just as I bet that PQIA is in the ball park.

Like Quatro Pete said, they are close and you have sample differences.

The oil you are talking about is good stuff. Use it with confidence.

On another note, Pete, you are up to 25000 posts. WOW Thanks for all your input over the years and keep up the work. We enjoy your posts. Bob

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
On another note, Pete, you are up to 25000 posts. WOW Thanks for all your input over the years and keep up the work. We enjoy your posts. Bob

Wow! Thanks.

I haven't even noticed. Not sure if I should celebrate or seek treatment.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Wow! Thanks.

smile.gif

Definitely seek treatment
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
grin.gif

Can I have your shrink's number? Your "post per day" count is much higher than mine, so my case should be easier to treat by comparison.
smile.gif

Wow! Thanks.

smile.gif

grin.gif

A couple of doses of AutoRX and you should be good. Make sure to rinse with something hoppy.

Wow! Thanks.

smile.gif

grin.gif

STP Oil Treatment?

grin.gif

Can I have your shrink's number? Your "post per day" count is much higher than mine, so my case should be easier to treat by comparison.
smile.gif

Just PM Trav, he's my shrink, LOL!
grin.gif

I think you could use MMO as a mouthwash and eliminate the shrink. After a few bottles of that stuff, you will be cleaned up and ready to start the next 25000
spankme2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back