Delete CDs off Media center and media player

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out Audacity will not import my WMA format CDs. So I want to rip all my CDs to WAV format, or maybe MP3?

What is the best way to delete CDs off Media Player and Media Center. Then I will start from scratch on putting them back on my computer.

Also I noticed when I was ripping CDs before the songs were not labeled properly? In other words they were not in the order they were on the CD.

Thanks Pat

Do you need to play these ripped files on a portable player as well? If so, you might be stuck with proprietary, patent-encumbered codecs like .mp3 or (preferably) .aac (which, like .wma or .wmv has a "lossless" mode that sounds identical to the original audio). If you do not need to play it on a portable player, .flac or .ogg (both of which play natively on Androids as well as with VLC) might just be the answer for you.

Do you have a quality playback system? (ie. Does the quality of the ripped audio matter to you much?) .flac is lossless and .ogg offers a variety of encoding qualities.

I'm going to make some recordings of me singing with some of my CDs. Not really worried about portable player. But I'm using a USB stereo set up in my car. But don't mind the USB getting hogged out if I can do the recordings like I want.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I'm going to make some recordings of me singing with some of my CDs. Not really worried about portable player. But I'm using a USB stereo set up in my car. But don't mind the USB getting hogged out if I can do the recordings like I want.

That being the case, I'd go with .wav: they'll be compatible with any and all (multitrack) recording software you'd ever use and they'll be uncompressed; meaning that your multitrack recording software won't have to uncompress on the fly while trying to record your voice at the same time, and it will mix better with newly recorded tracks.

Thanks I appreciate the confirmation
Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Originally Posted By: oilboy123

That being the case, I'd go with .wav: they'll be compatible with any and all (multitrack) recording software you'd ever use and they'll be uncompressed; meaning that your multitrack recording software won't have to uncompress on the fly while trying to record your voice at the same time, and it will mix better with newly recorded tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back