defective ACDelco filter??

On my suburban I started noticing the oil pressure gauge would flutter at idle. I had two nightmares about the oil filter being defective so I changed the oil yesterday. Different brand of oil doubt that would matter but instead of an ACDelco filter I went to Wix XP.

My oil pressure is now higher all the time and it no longer flutters at idle. Was the filter defective? I left it at work, if it's still there when I go in later I'll cut it.

No idea , but it sounds like you have solved the problem . Congratulations !

If you find the AC Delco filter , try to read on it , where it was made and please let us know .

Probably a failing oil pressure sensor. Fairly common on GM V8's. I like the XP filters and use them in the Napa Plat. line but I doubt the filter caused it to flutter.

Probably a failing oil pressure sensor. Fairly common on GM V8's. I like the XP filters and use them in the Napa Plat. line but I doubt the filter caused it to flutter.

+1

You don't have to replace it now. You can wait until the next oil change, since you have to drain the oil to change it anyway. Very common on GM cars.

Did you use an AC Delco PF61E filter? or the other E Core filters? I had the same issue on my old 1999 Deville. The oil light would flicker at idle with that filter. I used a different filter and never saw the oil light again with the engine running.

Did you use an AC Delco PF61E filter? or the other E Core filters? I had the same issue on my old 1999 Deville. The oil light would flicker at idle with that filter. I used a different filter and never saw the oil light again with the engine running.
I used a 46, the one listed in the computer for this application. Here it is cut open. I don't know it looks fine to me!! About 3000 miles on this filter.

20200714_124229.jpg20200714_124326.jpg20200714_124329.jpg20200714_124404.jpg

Back