Deere F725 Oil Pressure Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got an F725 mower with a Kawasaki F590V engine; 750 hours on it.
The other day I mowed for about 20 minutes and the oil pressure warning light came on. First time that ever happened. Thought it might be a faulty pressure sensor.
Put a gauge on it and it starts cold with 60 psi, after warmup goes to 52. But then after about 15 minutes of mowing it's down to 36 at which point I shut it down.
Oil and filter are new, Mobil1 10W-30 which may be too light for our 80 degree days here.
I compression tested the cylinders and both are over 170 psi and the motor doesn't smoke or burn oil.
Any thoughts on why the oil pressure is dropping?

the pressure drops you are seeing are normal after the engine oil temps increase. If you have an oil pressure gauge in a car or truck you would see the same thing. My Corvette starts off at 65-70 psi cold idle, and warm idle is about 25-30 psi.
Possible faulty wiring (chafed wire) in oil pressure circuit causing it to short and turn the oil pressure light on?

Probably not related to your problem, but just a heads up. The water pumps on those mower engines are prone to go bad. And, while they have it apart, have them replace the plastic camshaft.

The camshaft gear is plastic, poor design. Throw some 15w40 in that Kawasaki I use it in my OPE with great results. M1 is overkill for sure in that baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back