Deer hit the side of my car tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dlayman
Wow, that's pretty low. Just touching a car for body work seems to start at a grand now. Must not need much or any paintwork.
small dent on LF fender bunch of dents between front and rear doors, and a big crease on LR door.

I think you stated you had a pretty good scratch too. It doesn't need painted? That's fortunate if so, as that's where a lot of the expense and imperfections come in. I had one ram the side of my car too. It was an old beater ready to be retired anyway so I didn't fix it other than replacing the side mirror. But he got every panel on that side of the car and left nose prints and antler scratches on the window. He was up and gone by the time I dot out of the car.

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
Omw home from visiting my gma at the nursing home driving about 45mph a deer come out of nowhere and side swiped the drivers side of my car. I can see some scratches and feel a big crease on my LR door. I feel a bunch of other small dents also.

This car has been through sooo much but i love this car 2 deth. Guess im getting up eary to go get some quotes and call allstate :|

Glad you are okay. That is what matters most.

This is definitely the time of year when extra vigilance is required when driving as deer are on the move with pre rut and rut taking place. Year round care is required in a lot of states( like mine )but this time of year as it gets colder and winter approaches it ramps up even more.

TONS of deer around this year here in NH. Everyone I know who hunts them but for one guy who hasn't been able to get out yet has already filled all of their tags in either bow or muzzleloading season. Regular firearms JUST opened yesterday and everyone has there 1-3 deer butchered and in the freezer already.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
I once hit the largest raccoon on earth with my Dodge Challenger and it tore up the front spoiler pretty bad.

I hit a huge beaver once at 4AM on the way home from work as it crossed the road to get to the other side of the flowage the road goes through. Threw the car all over the place and almost put me off the road. Had to have it towed and it was a lot of $$$ in damage. Tore the [censored] out of the suspension, warped the rim, and tore up the fender and bumper cover.

It is amazing how much damage animals can do to vehicles. Small animals like raccoons, dogs, etc... can do a number let alone a larger animal like a deer. If you really want to see a vehicle trashed look at a car after a run in with a Moose! I saw a Moose get hit once coming home from vacation up in the mountains of NH. Guy in a van going 65-70 MPH on the highway hit a cow that suddenly ran out in front of him and I swear the van just exploded. It was gruesome.

Body shop called back and said just a tad over $1,700 in damages. Car should b rdy nxt friday. Also exchanged the first rental car they gave me (Hyundai accent) for a new chevy sonic LT with 45 miles. I needed cruise conttrol and the Hyundai didnt have it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back