decisions decisions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil 1 HM or Castrol Edge Titanium? Trying to decide on which one for my cars. I have a 05 Chevy Malibu 2.2 94,000 miles and 04 Jeep Liberty 3.7 100,000. No oil burning or leaks. I have been using the M1HM and using the Chevy's oil life computer, I got 9,000 miles OCI this last time. I've heard the Castrol Titanium is really good, but is it better?

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
would not go high mileage unless you have existing leaks personally.

+1
No need for high milage unless your engine is eating up oil more than it should.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
would not go high mileage unless you have existing leaks personally.

Agree with this. HM oils are fine, but don't go there unless you have leaks. Stick with what got you this far.

FWIW, neither of those vehicles qualifies as "high mileage" in my book. Gotta be pushing 200k to count. Just my scale of reality, though. ;-)

Originally Posted By: Hotel55
Thanks for the info. I use 5w30 in both. What is the titanium for in the Castrol Edge I mentioned?

Marketing. It sounds cool, symbolizes the ultimate in strength, its futuristc sounding, and so forth. :p

The public thinks of those qualities in the word 'titanium' more than the word... oh, 'calcium.' Or 'phosphorous,' or 'molybdenum,' or 'boron.' All of which are more common and probably more important oil components than the compounds containing titanium that sometimes are used.

Seriously, I don't know if the titanium is part of the detergent package or the antiwear package. But its not particularly unique or significant, AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back