Decent Marker lights

My guess is there is no answer to this so I will just state my issue and see if anyone has a solution. In 2015 I bought a new 24 ft Class C RV. By 2017 half my marker lights were flickering or not working at all. I replaced the bulbs and used dialectic grease but the damage was done as the sockets had started to rust. In 2018 I decided to replace all 7 of them with LED markers. I bought waterproof? markers off Amazon and installed them with a bit of RV caulk around the top and sides but left the bottoms open. 18 mos later half the markers dont work. I went out today to figure out what was going on and when I popped the red lens off I found the LED leads had rusted and the tops were laying in the lenes. I just placed and order for 8 incandescent lights so I can replace these because I would rater deal with cleaning rust off sockets and replacing bulbs than tearing out all the light fixtures and rewiring every year.
Is there such a thing as a water proof marker light. I know they market them this way but it seems condensation gets in or rain finds a way in all of them. Or maybe I need to forget Amazon and go to a real truck shop but it seems everything is made in the same place now no matter were you get them or how much you spend.

Around here napa and what used to be carquest carried DOT waterproof led lights for semis and trailers. They were expensive but were made to last. My old boss had a trailer car hauler and thats how we fixed his. I wouldn't trust cheap lighting off of Amazon.

Back